"Mother's Apron," "Belly pouch," "'w' stomach" help/success with losing.

Options
2»

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    wortn wrote: »
    I noticed that people who are in good shape but have "mommy belly " eat a lot of or mostly unhealthy food. I'm not saying this it your case, but I would switch to all organic diet and see if it helps.

Wuh? How does organic foods help you lose weight?

Too many calories led to my fat pack, not eating non-organic foods. Getting rid of it will be eating at a calorie deficit.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I noticed that people who are in good shape but have "mommy belly " eat a lot of or mostly unhealthy food. I'm not saying this it your case, but I would switch to all organic diet and see if it helps.

Why would that help?

Clearly it's because organic foods fly by your midsection while unhealthy foods likes to settle in the mommy pouch, like a baby joey kangaroo.

Kidding. Obviously that is nonsense. A "mom pouch" is due to stretched skin, which may or may not have an excess of subcutaneous fat attached to it. (Not everybody's skin shrinks back.) It may also be due to problems with the abdominal muscles, i.e., diastasis recti.
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Every time I see this thread pop up and see "Mother's apron" It makes me shudder. I don't know why. It gives me weird images. Eww..
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Eat at a deficit and lift weights.

I've given up on it, personally. I mean, I'm still trying to lose a few pounds, but I hate weights so... the apron stays (there's so much loose skin anyway, the more I lose there, the worst it looks).

I am trying to figure out why in the *kitten* did someone Flag this?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Ummmm No sorry
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, it does not work like that. your body does not know the difference between organic broccoli vs regular broccoli.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Every time I see this thread pop up and see "Mother's apron" It makes me shudder. I don't know why. It gives me weird images. Eww..

I once read it referred to as a flesh apron. Now that phrase was unsettling :grimace:
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    The only time I've had this disappear was when I was in the military, heavy exercising 6 of 7 days per week. It was the last to go, other than my thighs. I'm pear shaped so my legs and lower belly go last.
  • lucyandjack91
    lucyandjack91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd chime in with the 'pilates' tips and recommend a yoga teacher on YouTube. If you search for 'Yoga with Adriene', she has several weight loss and targeted ab videos (although most videos give your abs a good workout). I used to specifically do the weight loss ones when I was losing weight before and they really do work the lower belly as you have to constantly suck in your belly button to keep your back flush to the floor. Hope this is helpful :)