How do you prevent after dinner sweets & snacking?

Options
124»

Replies

• Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yes the after dinner grazing would kill my daily goals!
    Now I've set up my meals on mfp as "breakfast, lunch, dinner, and supper" (plus a snack).
    Basically I divide the majority of my calories over 4 meals instead of 3.
    Dinner is eaten right when I get home from work, then supper about 3 hours later.
    Psychologically, it helps to think of it as a balanced meal rather than late night snacking. I put all the food on one plate and eat it all at once, so the calories can't creep up on me. And I try to plan it out like an actual meal too- with healthy portions of fiber, protein, fat, & complex carbs.

That is an excellent way to handle it!! I make room in my daily diet for an evening snack. It prevents me from having and growling tummy in the middle of the night and wanting to get up and eat. I most always include dairy.
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You could try something like cantaloupe or watermelon. The calories aren't high for a decent amount. (They're my go to for my evening snack attack) :#

I just had a bowl of fresh-cut pineapple - 161 grams and only 80 calories. Very very sweet and delicious!
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just buy dessert options that I feel good about eating. Some of my go to's are a dessert yogurt, (Chobani's Dulce de Leche yogurts are my favorite) some sugar-free pudding, or a slice of angel food cake with some whipped cream. I set aside 150 calories every day for dessert and it keeps me from craving sweets or binging on them.
  • Lindarella49
    Lindarella49 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat a Fiber One Brownie (90 calories) or a Sugar Free Fudge Bar.