So Much Smaller Working Out v. Not

Options
LAWoman72
LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
edited April 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
This may not be a revelation to the next person :D but I am amazed that, right now, I am back down to my low weight last year...but SO MUCH smaller.

I mean the jeans that I wore last year at this weight and were very tight, are actually baggy on me this time around.

The single change is working out. I walk daily, but in addition I do Jillian Michaels or Pilates (I alternate days with these and mix things up).

Just wanted to share because I'm just amazed by this. My stomach is so much flatter than it was at this weight last time around, my legs have a shape, my pants are falling off.

Working out has been hard but now that I'm seeing results I'm realizing it's worth it. :)

By the way, I should be clear here: exercising has not helped me lose weight. At all. I basically can't eat back my exercise calories. Some days I'll eat 25-50 calories back (v. the suggestion of anywhere from 250-500 depending upon how much working out plus walking I've done); most days I won't because if I go much above that, forget it, I stop losing weight. What exercise has done is make me stronger...and, measurements-wise, smaller. A lot smaller!

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Oh, you know, actually, correction: I'm not all the way down to last year's low - I'm five pounds heavier than I was then. But...the general vicinity.
  • Carla1962Shaw2015
    Carla1962Shaw2015 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss & recompile your body! It's a wonderful feeling!
  • hcolligan
    hcolligan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    It's a fantastic feeling isn't it? I lost 42 lbs about 4 years ago, but I did very little exercise and just cut back food. All the weight piled on again after family issues. This time I did it properly, joined mfp, exercised and ate the right food and the difference was amazing. Same as you the jeans I wore then are baggy. Ive now lost 72 lbs and really feel like this is a way of life rather than a diet.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Well done! I also found that weight came off a bit easier once I started running again.