Fitness Trackers advice??

Options
Bluejedi79
Bluejedi79 Posts: 28 Member
edited April 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm looking to buy a fitness tracker for myself for my birthday next month. I'd like something I wear on my wrist, with a heart rate monitor and keeps tabs on me during my sleep. I'd also like to be able to wear it in the water as I do a lot of lap swimming during the week. I also am on a budget-I really don't want to spend more than $100-$125 on one. What are my options??

How do I know if I need a large one or a small one? I don't have a smart phone but do have a laptop.

Replies

• 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've have a Charge HR. Bout' $200 CDN. It does monitor sleep but not waterproof. You can sync it on your laptop if you don't have a smart phone.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Sounds like for $20 more you can get a Garmin VivoSmart HR if you want it to read HR on the wrist. With a HR chest strap, you can probably get an older model. Most Garmins are water proof and I never take mine off for swimming. I don't think it counts the laps for you though.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    VivoActive on sale will meet all your requirements except for wrist HR, but will work with a chest strap (which is more accurate) for exercises when you need one. It has a swim mode, too.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Misfit Flash around $29.99!

no HR

but

steps
    daily burn
    sleep
    nice app
    exercise options
    waterproof and swim option
    watch

i am very happy with mine and it is pretty accurate

What ever you buy all trackers are estimations, you have to learn to work with them and learn to know them. I know that mine is a bit off by how many %. This because i calculated my own data.
    This is for all trackers. It are nice tools to work with and when you are consistent you see the overall red line in it ;)