Snickers* Diet

Options

Replies

• Sassie_Lassie
    Sassie_Lassie Posts: 140 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sounds rather boring. And I'm not sure what your point is. Of course you're going to lose weight. It doesn't matter what you eat. If you're consuming less calories than you will lose weight.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Seems reasonable. Outside the whole - only eating snickers for a few days thing LOL

I routinely use snickers to fill the food- they are a perfect pre-workout snack- and have enough p/c/f to really fit the bill- buuuuuuuuuut- satiation may be an issue.

If you have the discipline - should be easily attainable.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    So did @ClosetBayesian survive ? Went a bit quiet ;-)
  • PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Incidentally, I wonder it this will work to get past a food craving. Eat it until you hate it, lol.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I feel like doing something like this with Reese's peanut butter cups for a few days would be hilarious. I'm allergic to Snickers due to an egg allergy....
  • Jelenajelenajelenajelena
    Options
    But...Why
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    It's been a week, I want to know how the Snickers diet went.
  • ellevs
    ellevs Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Even if you don't have a medical issue against carbs... those carbs aren't healthy ones, they are SUGAR. Are you trying to lose weight? Forget it! You'd do yourself a real service if you just packed a few sandwiches and healthy munchies. :)

You might still lose weight, but you'd be losing out on health properties you only get with good foods. How did it go btw?
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    Options
  • WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone doubt that you can fit a set amount of candy sourced cals in each day? It's nothing new.

Calories count, not sugar, not carbs.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,996 Member
    Options
    ellevs wrote: »
    Even if you don't have a medical issue against carbs... those carbs aren't healthy ones, they are SUGAR. Are you trying to lose weight? Forget it! You'd do yourself a real service if you just packed a few sandwiches and healthy munchies. :)

You might still lose weight, but you'd be losing out on health properties you only get with good foods. How did it go btw?

OP is severely gluten intolerant - that rules out most sandwiches.
    Yes I know you can get gluten free bread but pre packed gluten free sandwiches 4 days later???

Of course a snickers only diet is not balanced nutrition ,but it is only for 4 days, I presume OP intends to eat a balanced diet after this.

I personally think 4 days of snickers bars would be sickeningly sweet and not enough volume to not be hungry most of the time - but then again, OP is used to intermittent fasting and I am not, so perhaps it is doable for him.
  • gettingreallyfedupnow
    Options
    This thread so reminded me of my recent holiday....being gluten free and vegetarian was going to be a challenge in Gambia, but it was only a week, so I thought if I just ate what I could, I would be OK and still lose weight. One week of nothing but bananas, crisps, ice cream and peanuts later, supplemented with the gluten free rolls and flapjacks I had hidden in my suitcase, I was bored to death and 8lb heavier! Hope the OP had a better experience.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    This thread so reminded me of my recent holiday....being gluten free and vegetarian was going to be a challenge in Gambia, but it was only a week, so I thought if I just ate what I could, I would be OK and still lose weight. One week of nothing but bananas, crisps, ice cream and peanuts later, supplemented with the gluten free rolls and flapjacks I had hidden in my suitcase, I was bored to death and 8lb heavier! Hope the OP had a better experience.

If you are just recently home and took any flights, I wouldn't count the gain yet. I always retain water after flights. My last trip, it took a week for the 15 lbs of water weight to come off.
  • DuckThatLifts
    DuckThatLifts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sure dude, eat whatever you want, but this long-winded paragraph leading the snicker bars isn't going to change make it healthy.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Incidentally, I wonder it this will work to get past a food craving. Eat it until you hate it, lol.

I had friends who worked at Baskin Robbins or a fro yo place in high school, and they ended up hating ice cream.

(I worked in a plant shop in high school and don't really like gardening even now, hmm.)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

If you are just recently home and took any flights, I wouldn't count the gain yet. I always retain water after flights. My last trip, it took a week for the 15 lbs of water weight to come off.

Yeah, flying always means water weight for me too.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Back! Lost .4 lbs that week. Flight problems, grad school, and tornadoes have kept me busy (yay tornado season....); will provide more detail later.

good for the loss, bad for the crummy stuff keeping you busy, but I'm really interested to hear about your experiment!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Back! Lost .4 lbs that week. Flight problems, grad school, and tornadoes have kept me busy (yay tornado season....); will provide more detail later.

Yay and boo!