need cockpit soup recipes.

Options
amyvanblaricom
amyvanblaricom Posts: 62 Member
It's cold here in Colorado. Spring storms-yuck. I'm hoping to have a healthy low calorie soup cooking tomorrow. Any good recipes to try?

Replies

• BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My go to crockpot soup is vegetable beef. I use 3 boxes reduced sodium beef broth 24 oz frozen mixed vegetables 1-2 cans no salt added dark red kidney beans and 1 lb cooked lean ground beef.
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Ha when I first read the title I thought , cooking in a plane cockpit ??!? Lol
    Check out Pinterest loads of soup recipes in there
    My favourites are minestrone , and a gnocchi chowder yum

When the weather is rubbish our go to is 'magic soup' , named by my daughter and is the Greek soup Avgolemoni , done on the hob
    Chicken with bones preferably , carcass is great but some meat to shred at the end .
    If it's raw boil it up in some chicken stock for as long as you want , skim off any scum if it appears , remove and set aside to remove the meat for later. Don't throw away the stock !
    In the same stock add rice ( about a cup of basmati or long grain ) add a bit more water if necessary and cook rice , skim off any scum . And when cooked take off heat to cool, it should be like a broth .
    I add extra cold water to the pan now to cool down the soup or you can just wait.
    In a jug break two eggs and add juice of two lemons a touch of salt and lots of black pepper , whisk these together until you have a sauce.
    I then take a ladle or two of cool soup and add this to the egg/lemon sauce whisk and add to the main soup and bring to the boil stirring all the time .
    If you don't stir or soup is too hot you could end up with lumps of egg :(
    Shred chicken off the bones and add to soup
    All done x
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I just made crock pot beef stew ("low carb") and I'm pretty excited about it, not going to lie.

beef stew meat
    Carrots
    Celery
    Onion
    Au jus packet
    6 cups of water
    4 teaspoons of beef stock (like the jar of stock)

I think that is all! I put it all in on low for 8 hours and it was fabulous. 8 portions at 295 calories each!

I purposely left out potatoes because I'm trying to cut carbs. I'm considering adding cauliflower next time.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I made this sausage and kale cassoulet the last time we had a cold snap. It broke down to 324 calories, 8g fat, 49g carbs, 25g protein for a fourth of the recipe with my ingredients. My husband said it was almost pasta e fagioli, my kid who hates tomatoes liked it, and I had some leftovers with egg and toast the next day.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    This is my everyday lunch

Crockpot Soup

Ingredients:
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (I used three)
    1 ½ cups chopped red onion
    2 chopped red bell peppers
    chicken broth – unsalted (amount depends on how soupy you like it)
    ¼ cup chopped cilantro
    1 Tbsp Cumin
    2 Tbsp chopped chipotle chile in adobo (I add more because I like the heat)
    6 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
    2 (28oz) fire roasted tomatoes
    1 (4 oz) chopped green chiles, undrained
    Frozen Vegetables (I use green beans, cauliflower and zucchini)
    Salt and pepper

Instructions

Add everything except the cilantro in the crockpot and stir it up
    Cook on low for 4 hours. Shred chicken and return to pot. Add vegetables and cook on low for another few minutes. Top with cilantro.