10 lbs water weight?

Options
Is it possible to gain 10 lbs of water weight after a cheat meal? I ate 6 slices of pizza last night and gaind 10 lbs today!. It took me two months to lose 10 lbs and now gained it all back with 6 slice of cheese pizza like seriously ?

Replies

110032339 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's water weight (unless you ate 35,000 calories of pizza which would be pretty impressive!). Pizza is pretty heavy carbs and carbs make you gain water weight anyway through glycogen storage on a normal day.

Drink plenty of water, go back to your normal calorie allowance but have lighter meals, lots of veggies etc and the water weight will slowly come back off.

I did the same thing with Chinese food last weekend - gained 6lb and it's taken 6 day a to come off so don't be disheartened if it takes a while.
  • pwillis20
    pwillis20 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Like stated above, 3500 calories equals a pound. Also pizza has a pretty high sodium level usually, which causes aditional water retention.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    @gl6h2 Is the 10lb weight difference literally from yesterday to today or is it compared to a few days/weeks ago?

Is your scale definitely not on the blink/low battery? Did you weigh in at the same time of day, on the same scales, in the same state of dress? Could your hormones be playing a part in this? Were you dehydrated last time you weighed in eg from a tough workout the night before?

I would be surprised for just 6slices of pizza to solely generate 10lb weight gain in water, but I would expect 1-2lb from simply the volume of mass eating a big meal so maybe 3-5lb gain total? Not that I have any qualifications to make these comments other than my own experience.
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Have had 7lb overnight caused by salty food , period and sore muscles , quite possible, drink lots of water , watch The salt intake , for me was gone in a week , along with my 0.5 lb for the week .
  • I_amnr
    I_amnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I always have my weekly cheat meal a day after I weight my self or on the same day to avoid this problem