Recipe builder

Options
I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly. Say I make spaghetti, here's what I do:
I scan the bar codes of all the ingredients. Sausage, noodles, sauce etc. After it cooks, I dump it in a bowl and weigh it. It weighs 400 hundred grams. I put 400 hundred servings so it gives me the calories per gram.
When I make my plate I weigh it and it's 40 grams. I enter 40 servings in my diary.
Am I doing this correctly?

Replies

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Yes. My only caveat would be to make sure the scan is showing the correct nutrition for each item, as the scanner uses the same database as manual entries and is often incorrect.
  • amynicole4104
    amynicole4104 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. I always check the label. I have found some that were way off!!
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hah yes, quite a lot of it could win a fiction prize - even 'verified' entries!
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Yes, I made three recipes this weekend and the first one I doubled and it was 1,447 grams!! I was hesitant about the process, but kept going with how you describe it, Amy, and when I entered my serving of 160 grams, it looked absolutely right. Whew!!!!
  • amynicole4104
    amynicole4104 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes, I made three recipes this weekend and the first one I doubled and it was 1,447 grams!! I was hesitant about the process, but kept going with how you describe it, Amy, and when I entered my serving of 160 grams, it looked absolutely right. Whew!!!!

Lol. I knew it seemed right, but it was almost too easy! Glad I asked instead of wondering!!