Hi! New here... does this sound right?

Options
Hey all:

Just joined MFP aiming to lose approx 40 or so pounds of weight after having baby #4 (and also want to build some muscle back -definately dont want to be "skinny fat" )

I am 5'5 and 172.
30 years old.

I am currently trying to get at least one hour of "workout" a day - right now is is either a fast walk through soft sand on the beach, hard bikeride, yoga, JM ripped in 30, a circuit of bodyweight squats/pushups/planks/lunges/sprints...
My workouts arent super intense right now, or very structured, just trying to spend the first few weeks of this journey getting in the habit of moving my butt every day (hoping by Aug 1st to have an actual structured, intense, hard-core workout plan figured out).

MFP has me at 1200 calories a day, to loose 2 pounds a week.
My workout usually comes up to around 350 cals (give or take 100) and I am eating my workout cals back.

I do measure / weigh food intake, and understand that my workout cals can be off from what MFP says they burn.
I do go over by a bit sometimes, but not a lot.

So, does this sound right?
Does it seem that I should loose some weight (bodyfat) by
-eating 1200 cals
-burning approx 350 cals in a daily workout, and eating those cals back

I will open my diary, but just started (and took the 4th off) so there is only 3 1/2 days recorded so far)
Just want to make sure I am on the right track to start, and will obviously adjust as needed per upcoming results.

Thanks!

Replies

• getting_fit86
    getting_fit86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    your 30 and you have already had 4 kids? :0

Strong woman!

As for your question, I would say that eating 1200 would definitely make you lose weight. I would try it out for a while, It might not be enough for you if you are working out that much!

I did 1200 ofr a while and found when i upped it to 1500 I actually lost more weight!
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    your 30 and you have already had 4 kids? :0

Strong woman!

As for your question, I would say that eating 1200 would definitely make you lose weight. I would try it out for a while, It might not be enough for you if you are working out that much!

I did 1200 ofr a while and found when i upped it to 1500 I actually lost more weight!

It's not hard to do.....
  • sunshinesaltwater
    Options
    your 30 and you have already had 4 kids?

Yes, I have spent the past 10 years of my life either pregnant or nursing (or both).
    And now I am anxious to get my body in awesome shape. I was super fit before having kids- lots of muscle, really strong and healthy. I want that back!
    I am giving myself one year to transform from a squishy mom to lean and ripped.