Scales not moving

Options
Hi I've tried a few times to loose weight, I have started again, I am using my fitness pal and recording my food and exercise, I'm exercising every day and not going over my allowance. Sometimes I eat slightly more than I should but then I exercise more. Scales have not moved... This seems to happen every time I have tried then I get disillusioned and give up. My biggest struggle is if I eat less than 5000- 7000kj I get hungry, and sometimes I do some boredom/emotional eating especially in the evenings, but I haven't been going over.

What do I need to do? Help

Replies

• buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Are you from Streator?
  • beckjennings
    beckjennings Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What's that?
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    That's quite a big difference in calories (kj) everyday 5000-7000.. Whats your height and weight? Are you eating too many calories maybe?
    Also, exercise as good as it is for you.. doesn't always burn off what you have eaten extra. Is it possible you think you are burning off the extra food but actually you aren't??
  • beckjennings
    Options
    Your probably right Mirabelle, I have been measuring everything on here, including exercise. I'm trying to keep to the 5000 now as that could well have been my problem. I try to limit the amount but I do have a little chocolate, can I get away with this?
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    How long have you been tracking this time?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart%20a_zpsot9kdvnv.jpg
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    How long has it been? I don't know what kj translates to in calories
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Your probably right Mirabelle, I have been measuring everything on here, including exercise. I'm trying to keep to the 5000 now as that could well have been my problem. I try to limit the amount but I do have a little chocolate, can I get away with this?

You can "get away" with chocolate everyday if that's what you want, and what keeps you happy. But in my opinion, you MUST log it as part of your calorie count and not have it as a "little extra and hope for the best.." lol.
    Sometimes I didn't have a real meal just so I could have some chocolate or something I fancied.. not the healthiest way to do it in the long run - but the point is I didn't go over my calories that way, so I continued to lose weight. The treats kept me on the diet and made me happy so that method worked for me.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Try wheels.
  • beckjennings
    Options
    I am logging my chocolate. I have entered a bit of a hangry tired phase.. Is this normal? How do you manage this?
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing everything?
  • evildeadedd
    evildeadedd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If my math is right, you are saying you eat anywhere from 1200 to 1700 calories roughly. That's a big swing. Why not try eating 5500 to 6000 kj a day for 6 full weeks. Make sure you are using a kitchen scale to weigh ALL solids, no measuring cups, no guessing.
    If you feel tired/weak/ very hungry, then you need to eat a little more. Everyone wants fast weight loss, but eating at an extreme deficit doesn't achieve much when you turn around and binge because you are over doing it.
  • mickmok
    mickmok Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If my math is right, you are saying you eat anywhere from 1200 to 1700 calories roughly. That's a big swing. Why not try eating 5500 to 6000 kj a day for 6 full weeks. Make sure you are using a kitchen scale to weigh ALL solids, no measuring cups, no guessing.
    If you feel tired/weak/ very hungry, then you need to eat a little more. Everyone wants fast weight loss, but eating at an extreme deficit doesn't achieve much when you turn around and binge because you are over doing it.

This pretty much. I dont know your stats but you a) have a pretty low intake and b) have a very large intake range.

Did you let MFP calculate your required calories/kj? I have been guilty of lowering my calories too much or not eating back enough exercise calories. Essentially for me, and by the sounds of it you, if I drop my calories too low or dont eat back enough exercise calories I get hungry and will tend to overeat purely because I am so hungry I then binge.

Dont be afraid to let MFP calculate what you should be eating, log down you exercise (I usually underestimate my exercise by a bit to allow for error, unless you are using a tracker or Heart Rate Monitor) and log your food by weighing as much as possible and get close to your goal for the day.

E.g. if you should be eating 1500cals/6276kj and you do 500cals/2092kj worth of exercise then you should be eating up to 2000cal/8368kj. Dont go over it.

Try that for a few weeks consistently and the weight will start coming off. As soon as you binge you have no idea what you are putting in. I have had times when I wasnt logging all my exercise (including walking) and was stalling because I wasnt eating enough. As soon as I logged the exercise properly and ate some of it back I started losing again.

If after 2 weeks of doing this you still dont lose any weight, and you have been logging accurately (weighing as much food as possible) then drop your goal by 200cal/837kj and try again for a few weeks.

If you are being honest, and logging accurately, and weighing the food you are eating there really isnt any way this cant work for you.
  • beckjennings
    Options
    I did let MFP calculate for me, I also tend to underestimate my exercise, overestimate food but not weigh it. I find 5000kj so hard to stick to. Glad to hear hangry is not normal!