What's everyone eating? And a question about weighing

Options
Just wondering what everyone is eating, when they are eating and what snacks? How are you dealing with cravings (if any?)

Another question: This week is the first week I've lost less than 2 pounds, I did weigh myself this morning after having a 'cheat meal' last night - which was a rather large dessert after having my usual calories for the day (1200) Would that have affected my weigh in this morning? I finished eating at around 9pm and weighed at 5am as that's when I get up to go to the gym. I had expected to lose more than usual as I have been exercising more! I am 61.2kg now. My first goal was to get under 60kg so it will feel really good to get there.

Thanks everyone :)

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Anything. Anytime. Eat what I crave.

Gut contents. Water retention.
  • Mapla
    Mapla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have such a sweet tooth I save calories for frozen grapes and a chocolate bar every evening. Id say you can pretty much eat what you want as long as you stick to your calories. I eat breakfast around 8am and then eat my chocolate bar around 9pm and those are the first and last thing I eat. I dont think you should weigh in the morning after a large meal or treat the night before. Id wait a day or two. This way your body has had chance to level out if that makes sense? That way you dont get disheartened either x
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You are very close to your goal , loss often slows down when you have less to lose. Also if you are exercising more intensive water retention will hide some of your loss for a few days . Try to weigh the morning after a rest day .One treat will not have an instant gain.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    First-I eat all the foods I like, just in smaller quantities. Second-the scale can fluctuate several pounds due to things that have nothing to do with actual fat gain. Since you didn't eat 3,500 calories over your maintenance level calories (what it would take to gain an actual, real pound), then obviously something else is going on. Time of month/hormones, water retention from sodium/exercise, digestion periods, constipation, weighed yourself at a different time than normal, weighed yourself after taking a shower, batteries on scale are dying, moved your scale to a different location etc etc etc.

Focus on your first weigh-in of the month vs your last weigh-in of the month, to get a more accurate idea of your loss trends.