So this is me now (pics)

Options
Hey there everyone! So this is kind of a first for before/after for me. I am really nervous haha. Only two people before now have seen all of these photos. Some of them I keep hidden (for self esteem reasons). But I am working on that :)
A little about myself for starters I guess?
My name is Jess, I am 21 years old. Just transferred to a new college to double major in English and Film. I am 5'5" on a good day. I started to try to lose weight about two years ago but I would lose and gain all over the place. I started trying to lose weight again in February of this year, and had a few more of ups and downs. Those I live with have.... well, very carb oriented diets. Don't get me wrong! I love pasta, breads, etc as much as the next person, but even I get a little sick of them!
I learned a lot, especially about the people around me. My own boyfriend had even told me I needed to lose weight or I would never be considered "beautiful". That stung. a lot.
So I took matters into my own hands, bought a treadmill, those reusable bags from Whole Foods and Trader Joes xD and said "to heck with this!" After a break up, my boyfriend and I got back together (he isn't in the guy in the pics) and he seems more supportive now, though I feel that sort of put a pretty big gap between us. We shall see how it goes.
Okay... enough with the stalling D:
Here is where this all started I guess....
167_zps690fdace.jpeg
Here I am at 167 pounds. Holy cow, I know.

160_zps79d2adc7.jpg
Here is 160 I think... and also my mom haha (looking mad creepy I might add xD)

160a_zpse487086a.jpg
This is also at around 160.

So I decided to try and do something about it.

And this is me now...
I am around 140 at the moment, still not done yet.

140_zps5fe7f3bf.jpeg
This was taken on my 21st birthday.
140_zps273c010f.jpg
As was this one.

140a_zps6aca7676.jpeg
And this is me a few days ago.

So that's it so far. I still have a bit to go. My goal is 125. Thought I have gotten rid of all but 1 pair of my "fat jeans" just to see what the difference will be when I am all done. I have also started buying smaller sizes (ex. the one of me from my birthday in the dress, that's a size XS :D) I have done a combo of C25K and the South Beach Diet. Though I am not the most strict person out there xD
I want to reach my goal before I go to my new college this fall. What a perfect way to start a brand new life, no?
Thank you for reading all of this, I know it was a LOT. Not sure if I added the pics right? We shall see!
Jess (RaspberryNezzie)

167_zps690fdace.jpeg
140_zps5fe7f3bf.jpeg

Replies

• ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    I CANT SEE ANY OF YOUR PICTURES, JUST THE URL
  • Raspberrynezzie
    Options
    I know! I had never done this before so I had to look up how to fix it. All better now though!
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options

I learned a lot, especially about the people around me. My own boyfriend had even told me I needed to lose weight or I would never be considered "beautiful". That stung. a lot.
    So I took matters into my own hands, bought a treadmill, those reusable bags from Whole Foods and Trader Joes xD and said "to heck with this!" After a break up, my boyfriend and I got back together (he isn't in the guy in the pics) and he seems more supportive now, though I feel that sort of put a pretty big gap between us. We shall see how it goes.

Love doesn't put expectations. I'm very happy for you, but you should be with someone who loves you for you. My husband thinks I'm beautiful regardless of what I look like. I just want you to be with someone who thinks you are beautiful no matter what.
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Nice job! (:
  • Raspberrynezzie
    Options
    Thank you. We are trying things slowly. I still feel off about him sometimes because of the things he said/did. I am trying to be forgiving and give this another go. So we shall see how this all works out
  • TheresaTester
    TheresaTester Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congratulations on your healthy lifestyle changes--keep up the good work!
  • Raspberrynezzie
    Options
    Nice job! (:
    Thank You!
  • mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Great job on getting healthier! Your boyfriend was wrong...you were beautiful before and you look beautiful now! :flowerforyou:
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thank you. We are trying things slowly. I still feel off about him sometimes because of the things he said/did. I am trying to be forgiving and give this another go. So we shall see how this all works out

Forgiveness is so important. In the long run, you will want someone who will find you beautiful not matter what. One day, we will 70 years old, have wrinkles, might have some extra pounds on us, etc. Do you see what I mean? Honestly, it feels off then maybe he isn't the right person. If he has a change of heart and realizes what he said was wrong then that is different. You were and are beautiful.
  • Raspberrynezzie
    Options
    Great job on getting healthier! Your boyfriend was wrong...you were beautiful before and you look beautiful now! :flowerforyou:
    Thank you so much! :blushing:
  • sklala
    sklala Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You look great, absolutley inspirational! I was your size when I started, Im at 157 now, but it is such an inspiration knowing that I can get down to my goal weight of 140 and look like that. Thank you for posting!!!
  • Evilmuffin666
    Evilmuffin666 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! But you were beautiful even at the before Picture and dont ever think you arent!
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    great before and after pics! you have done well! great job!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely gorgeous ;-) congrats
  • Raspberrynezzie
    Options
    Thank you guys! I'll keep trying, and try harder! I appreciate the support!:wink:
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    You look great! A big change in your body. And you have STUNNING blue eyes!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    You were cute before, but you did crank it up a notch or two. Well done!
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options

^^THIS!!

dang straight your boyfriend was wrong, if things dont work out, give me a call lol :wink:
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    You look great. You also look a lot happier too. Great job!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Sooo beautiful! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!