Vacation

Options
Any advice for not undoing all my hard work while on vacation? I won't be able to get in the daily exercise I've been doing. I plan to be careful, but also want to be able to relax and enjoy myself. What has helped you stay on track?

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Don't overeat. Plan one meal a day you can splurge on, be light the rest of the day. Don't drink every day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Indulge on local specialties or things you don't have the opportunity to eat the rest of the time and make smarter choices otherwise.
  • xxxglaxxx
    xxxglaxxx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Oohh vacation. Yay! Where are you going?

Personally I find that a lot of european cities are very walk-able. So I usually try to walk to one site to another instead of taking the metro. Also I do eat the local cuisine because i love trying new food but I try to eat moderately. Mind you it does not always work. Lol, last time i was in portugal the natas were so good i had one or two for breakfast, lunch and dinner and oh snacks everyday. Hahaha but the walking helps out a lot :)

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I have never tracked while on vacation and have never held back lol. I know how to lose weight, so I just do what I want while I'm gone and get back to it when I come back. One week (or two or three) out of my life isn't going to derail me entirely.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Last time I went away my biggest mistake was eating too many desserts and I gained 4 pounds. I'm traveling next month and I'm going to make a huge effort to stay away from the sweets. If you have that one thing that gets you, plan in advance. I might go for a walk while everyone else is eating dessert just so I'm not around the things that I can't resist, which will also be a little exercise. I also don't drink, but even virgin drinks are high in sugar, do I'm sticking to water and diet soda instead of fruity things.
    Remembering that I don't need to eat everything is what I'm going to try to do.