Large whoosh and now maintenance!

Going into maintenance. It seems as though that the past week, my body has slowly been purging everything it was holding. I'm definitely smaller and have gone down about 8-10 lbs the past 2-3 weeks. I gained about 20 lbs over the winter.

10 of those were much needed. Lost too much weight due to stress from breaking up with my then boyfriend and finding a new place to live last summer.

I looked sickly thin last summer and my muscle seemed to deplete. Anywho, I'm back to about my weight when I first started maintaining this time last year. I'm a tad worried about my rapid weight loss but I really started trying to drop the weight 2 months ago (not super seriously, but seriously enough that I should have lost some weight). My weight stayed the same, bouncing between a few numbers. Nothing really changed, then this sudden drop. A whoosh? A very long whoosh? Who knows. But I need to adjust to maintenance again to be able to maintain this weight for the long haul and not drop more or gain weight!

I guess I'm just reintroducing myself to these boards again! Sorry for the long drawn out post!

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Is that YOUR arm in your avatar? Gorgeous! Hope maintenance goes smoothly for you.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Lol yeah. That's my arm! :smiley: pretty proud!

I've gotten my muscle back! Last summer when I dropped the additional pounds... They were so depleted. But they came back with a vengeance!
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    I've heard of whoosh .... I need a whoosh! :)
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Haha it was pretty nice. Especially for so long with no weight loss! I suspect it was due to me restarting my lifting and running after a few month hiatus!

I think my body/muscles were shocked and retaining water. Who knows!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    I hear of whooshes too but personally never experienced them (well maybe 2lbs whoosh max but that's all)...well done on reaching maintenance again :smile: