Loosing weight before my big 40

Options
cranberry509
cranberry509 Posts: 14 Member
edited April 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,
just a brief note to introduce myself.

I am a 38 year ol female, currently living in Scotland, whose aim is to loose around 40 lbs before my 40 birthday.

I tried for so many times, always failed, I am now realy fed up with being so heavy, unable to fit into my clothes (not telling about being able to buy anything because of my size) so decided to make this attempt to loose weight to look fab (or at least better) before I'm 40. I would be happy to enjoy long and healthy life.

I am using myfitnesspal diary for 1.5 months now, did not make much progress (not sure why, just posted a message in another category), however I plan not to give up!

We will see what future brings.

Isa

Replies

• kloripit
    kloripit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 39 and also trying to finally lose the bulge before I'm 40. I've tried several things over the years, lost a couple pounds, but never really got to where I would be comfortable. I'm at my highest. It doesn't help that I sit at a desk for work and homeschool most of the day. I have joined WeightNot.com and started their clean eating plan. It suggests 10,000 steps a day, which is what most will suggest. I'm doing much better with that. I was more in the 7-8000 range, but I'm doing more now. I'm incorporating more veggies and fruit and weighing my food. I have been eating too little and now it seems like so much. It is hard, though, to not eat anything off plan (cereal, pancakes, chocolate, cheese). I am afraid I'll get sick of eggs, since that and turkey sausage with fruit are about all I can have for breakfast. It started with a 2-day detox, all liquid. That was rough and gave me a killer headache. So far, one week, lost 4 pounds. I have had a couple things I shouldn't, though, or I may have lost more.

Want to be my accountability partner?
  • KimOrley
    KimOrley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also 38 and wanting to improve my health before I'm 40. I've been doing Slimming World, and lost 18.5 pounds so far of the 35 / 40 that I want to lose but lately it's been SLOW I'm questioning a few things about the plan, and the things it allows you to eat in abundance that may not make you fat but certainly can't be good for you (like copious amounts of diet fizzy drinks are free but an avocado is 9 syns for 100g!!). Anyway I'm experimenting with counting calories and trying to reduce my sugar intake whilst eating as whole and 'clean' a diet as possible. I've also recently completed the NHS Couch25k plan and am doing my best to keep up with 3 x 30 min runs a week but it's not always possible due to work and family commitments so also looking to do something at home (Davina DVD maybe).

I would love to keep in touch and help keep each other motivated :)
  • FridaGQ
    FridaGQ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi...I just wanted to say good luck on your fitness journey. Stay motivated and don't give up!
    You got this!!!