Diabetes type 1

Options
Diet help if anyone can help. New to this for a 4 year old

Replies

• nicmar14
    nicmar14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you are near a Joslin clinic, their nutritionists may be very helpful (http://www.joslin.org/about/us_locations.html). They also have some online resources. Good luck!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    This is a question for your child's endocrinologist. Do not take advice from complete strangers about how to manage such an illness for a 4 year old!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    This kind of stuff for a 4-year old needs a plan from a professional. :)
    After you get the plan, you can ask general questions here about thoughts as a parent implementing it.
  • Chargunshow
    Chargunshow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Contact JDRF...Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Hopefully they have a support group in your area.

Is this a new diagnosis? My son was dx'd at age 11. If you have questions, send me a message and I'll try to help.
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If you are also on Facebook, can I suggest you follow Saving Luke - Luke and Jedi - Fighting Type 1 Diabetes Together. This is a mom who posts about her son ( I believe he is 7) and their journey with type 1 diabetes. They have a service dog who is phenomenal named Jedi who can detect sugar highs and lows. There are many parents who post and she is great at giving resources and sharing tips as are the other parents who post.