Before and After Picture... To take or not to take?

Options
I've lost a couple pounds so it isn't too late. I feel like I SHOULD take 'before' pictures, but I can't even stand to face myself in the mirror.

Did you take 'before' pics? If you didn't, did you regret it?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I didn't take before pictures and I wish I had. I happened to lose most of my weight at a time when all of my friends were getting married so I was photographed often. It was nice to put those together and see my progress when I needed a little pick-me-up during the whole thing, but I had to go digging for anything that worked as a "before" shot.
  • mgookin1
    mgookin1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I didn't do a hole body before shot because I wasn't comfortable, so I did a before head shot, no make up, no filters, no perfect angles to hid the double chin. Just plain ol' me.
  • Chargunshow
    Chargunshow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    And take measurements, too.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I wish I had real before pictures.

Right now I'm do mytransphormationstartstoday.com and you need to take progress pictures. Fun to see the differences since January.

I'd say atleast do once a month or every other month. Doing measurements is good too.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Yes, for those days you don't feel like you've made a lot of progress. It's easy to forget how far you've come. I didn't take measurements and wish I had.
  • Antnee83
    Antnee83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I suggest you take before pictures and a new picture each month, be brave you can do it. Plus the pictures will really help to show your progress as you develop on your fitness and health journey and will give you some added motivation.

Good luck :)
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I say yes! Those have by far been the most motivating thing for me. Its hard for me to see the changes in the mirror but the side by sides make it quite obvious
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Take the pics.
    I didn't take any "before" pics at my heaviest (though I do have a few pictures of me in a hospital bed and a wheelchair from that time...they aren't the greatest before pics though) and I regret it.
    I didn't start taking pictures until I had lost 40 lbs :disappointed:
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    I didn't take a before picture and I wish I had. I just scrounged through some old pictures to find one. I also didn't take measurements and I regret that more because at least I did find a picture. So take a picture and take measurements. You will wish you had them later.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I've lost a couple pounds so it isn't too late. I feel like I SHOULD take 'before' pictures, but I can't even stand to face myself in the mirror.

Did you take 'before' pics? If you didn't, did you regret it?

I did and I took a picture once a month after that. I didn't love them but they helped me see changes over time that I couldn't see looking in the mirror. I tried to wear the same or similar clothes in each picture. I did not do an underwear or bikini type picture- just a tight tank top and knit pants.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    My trainer took a before pic. I really wasn't too thrilled about it, but let him do it. It's one of the best things he ever did for me. We do not have accurate memories of how we look, how we used to look, etc. It's a great reality check and progress measurement. Definitely DO IT, no matter how much you hate it.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Take them! I have a few pictures of me at my heaviest.. deliberate pictures, not just photos that happened to be taken at the time, and I've never regretted them. It's awesome to have such a concrete way to see the changes!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Most people end up regretting that they don't have them. I have precious few and every once in a while people find new (old) pictures of when I was obese and it's fun to pair them up.
  • Jburlen2007
    Jburlen2007 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Take them. What do you got to lose? I have a before and after (current) and it's a great motivator.my6sf1r4l2fx.jpeg