Supplement Q's~! && advice needed

Options
i need a good pre during and post workout supplement. First off let me explain what im trying to do,. im looking to gain lean muscle + cut. all advice would be greatly appreciated. i have been supplementing with a whey protein after workout and casein @ night. I need something for size some maybe a mono-hydrated Creation? + glutime pre workout? please leave your suggestions for me to read.

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    To me you want the impossible. You can't "gain" lean muscle and get cut (lose weight). Granted muscle striations will show as you drop weight, but you won't gain any muscle. To gain muscle you must eat at a surplus of calories. Sometimes maitence works too.

You don't NEED a pre, during, or post, at all. If your diet is on point that should be more than sufficient. Personally, I take Citadel Nutrition Tier 1+, or a cup of coffee for a preworkout.

During? Gatorade Zero? BCAA drinks (glorified Gatorade)

Post.... eat dinner.

And creatine is fine... and you DO NOT need to load on it like some think.

I'm really not being mean or smart, but you sound like you've been reading a lot of bro science crap. Glutamine is crap too.

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    You're not gonna do both as the same time.
    All muscle is lean
    Don't stress about it cause you're routine of having a set pre/ intra/ and post workout routine probably won't stick or matter long term. Just stick to basics such as a carb source prior, creatine, bcaas intra (optional), and either a shake or meal after. Just get in some protein. Hitting overall macros will give you your best results. Not some set in stone routine or supplement
  • bigbuffbarry
    bigbuffbarry Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Tren. Or just eat properly
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    To me you want the impossible. You can't "gain" lean muscle and get cut (lose weight). Granted muscle striations will show as you drop weight, but you won't gain any muscle. To gain muscle you must eat at a surplus of calories. Sometimes maitence works too.

You don't NEED a pre, during, or post, at all. If your diet is on point that should be more than sufficient. Personally, I take Citadel Nutrition Tier 1+, or a cup of coffee for a preworkout.

Post.... eat dinner.

I'm really not being mean or smart, but you sound like you've been reading a lot of bro science crap. Glutamine is crap too.

Get cut to me meaning more definition all around not lose weight I'm currently 170 & am happy at my weight class but my lean body weight is roughly 140 I want to try to get it to around 155ish & that will ultimately get the look I was aiming for but I do appreciate your advice
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Appreciate everyone's opinions tho thanks, maybe I have been over thinking this. :#
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options

Post.... eat dinner.

Get cut to me meaning more definition all around not lose weight I'm currently 170 & am happy at my weight class but my lean body weight is roughly 140 I want to try to get it to around 155ish & that will ultimately get the look I was aiming for but I do appreciate your advice

155 lean mass really isn't all that great. I'm currently 178lbs 5'11" 12.5% body fat with 155-56lbs lean mass.

Just make sure you're lifting progressively. With good form. Hitting your calorie goals, which will need to be a surplus of you plan on gaining muscle. Creatine is alright, works for some, others not so much.
    Glutamine you get from protein
    I enjoy BCAAs when I cut but I rarely use them when bulking
    Protein powder is good for a convenient source of protein because it's hard to eat enough chicken for that.
    I also enjoy beta alanine since it allows for you to get acouple extra reps in on your sets which is always a plus, but it's definitely not needed