mandietippets Posts: 55 Member
edited April 2016 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Hello. My bmi is 29 (down from 36

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited April 2016
    Your title leaves me scratching my head lol
    you just had a baby? And lost weight... ? Or?

Did you mean to post in the Maintenance forum?

Well done on the weight loss :smile:

• mandietippets
    For some reason I was unable to post!! I need to start a new thread. We recently found out we're expecting. I have a dr appointment this week but I am just curious what others have done with their calorie goal during pregnancy. I had it set to lose 2 lb a week which was about 1400 calories. When I change it to maintenance I get like 2400 which seems like a lot. I just don't want to eat too much.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Congrats :smile:

You'll see other posts from others who are also pregnant if you use the search function.

If mfp gives you 2400 that must be your maintenance. That's if you have input your correct stats.

You will want eat to nourish that growing baby :smile: ...wishing you all the best :
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    If you were losing 2 lb/week on 1400, then 2400 would be maintenance.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    2400 calories per day during pregnancy does not seem outlandish. Congrats!
  • mandietippets
    Ok thank you everyone! We are super excited. :) Just want to stay healthy throughout the pregnancy.
  • rklein88
    rklein88 Posts: 71 Member
    you'll need to look up the specifics or ask your doctor, but I've read that you don't need any extra calories during the first trimester (eat at maintenance) then only 200 more/day for the second trimester then 300-400/day more during the last trimester. I can't remember the details but it's less than many people think so talk to your doctor :)