Help - I fell off the wagon

Options
I logged faithfully through Feb & March but all of April has been bad. Many mornings I have great plans to restart but by afternoon I've given up. I'd love to have a group of people who will notice when I'm off track and encourage me - but small enough I can keep track of everyone so that I also can encourage them (4-8 people?). Are there already groups like that?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Think of giving up this way - if you get a flat tire on your car, do you pull over and slash the three remaining good tires? Of course not. You fix the flat and get back on the road! Every day is a chance for a fresh start.

Try prelogging your food for the day. I tend to do better if I've planned out my day, logging what I'm planning to eat through dinner, and then making adjustments to my diary if needed. Many find it easier to stick to it if it's already in their diary.

And don't beat yourself up over it. Changing your lifestyle and creating new habits won't happen overnight - it takes time, practice, trial and error, and some discipline. But it's worth it. And you can do it.

• maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    Think of giving up this way - if you get a flat tire on your car, do you pull over and slash the three remaining good tires? Of course not. You fix the flat and get back on the road! Every day is a chance for a fresh start.

Try prelogging your food for the day. I tend to do better if I've planned out my day, logging what I'm planning to eat through dinner, and then making adjustments to my diary if needed. Many find it easier to stick to it if it's already in their diary.

And don't beat yourself up over it. Changing your lifestyle and creating new habits won't happen overnight - it takes time, practice, trial and error, and some discipline. But it's worth it. And you can do it.

This is the best advice. Start small and progress. Everyday is a chance to start being better. You are only cheating yourself when you give up.

• Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »

Lol your metaphor made me die laughing
  • texmex39
    texmex39 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's what I do, I pre-log what I am going to eat and if I change my mind and have something else, I will write down what I had to make sure I don't go crazy eating the wrong foods.