P 90 / P90X workout makes the news

Options
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man-says-one-day-p90x-sent-him-emergency-170839781.html

Be careful when starting something new! Kidney failure.. wouldn't have ever guessed that.

Replies

• pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I wonder if he had been using protein shakes because of this statement?
    “My blood test came back with a CPK (creatine phosphokinase) level of over 16,800 (the max they can test for),”
  • ShawnDMuth
    ShawnDMuth Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I read that post and it is STUPID! You do not get that issue with a few days of working out. So sad to see news companies making DUMB stories like this. That issue goes WAY back for this guy. It goes back to his nutritional intake for the past few years and overall water intake. Why didn't the THOUSANDS and HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of other people who did the program not have this issue?
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    It hurt me so much it made me lose 65 pounds lol
  • marlo665
    marlo665 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it but it very well could happen. My grandson just a couple of weeks ago got out of the hospital with the same condition. He started working out on the Monday before because he didn't want to get out of shape over the summer and start from scratch when school starts back up...football. He started complaining of swelling in his arm and leg. We took him to the doctor on Thursday; they did tests. On Sunday (very unusual) the doctor called and wanted him to go to the hospital and have another test done. When they read the test results he was admitted that same day and was in there until Thursday. I had never heard of such a thing.
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wow. I had terrific results with P90X.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Thank the Lord it's not Insanity :drinker: