difference between muscle gain & fat gain

Options
ntatbeeq
ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
I am 5'6'' and weights 136 lbs while my target weigh is 127lbs but since feb m not losing anything despite of eating clean, within calories and doind aroung 45-60min exercise 5X a week. Some of my MFP frnds suggest may be i am loosing fat abd gaining muscles thas why there is no change in a weight. So, i'd like to ask you all how would i know what i am loosing is fat not muscle?? what is the difference between muscle gain and fat gain??

Replies

• GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    How do you know? Google Body Composition Analysis. There are clinics with sophisticated scales that measure all of that. You might have to spend some $$, but I think it's worth it.
  • KelsThompski
    Options
    just a heads up to why you might not be losing weight ... you are not eating clean by any means.... fried chicken, pop everyday not many veggies or brown rice oatmeal.... its about calories but in order to lose fat you have to eat clean... abs are made in the kitchen not the gym... the food your eating will not get you to your goal. sorry to be so blunt
  • tayett
    tayett Posts: 1
    Options
    Tape yourself and keep track of the areas that you know you have body fat to lose: waist, thighs, etc. Muscle weighs more than fat; It's a fact. Place all of your measurements in the calculator in this site and see how you are losing inches in the right places and building muscle in the areas that you want. The scale alone is not a good judge of fitness or fat loss. Look in the mirror. If you like what you see, keep doing what your doing. If not, adjust accordingly. Always remember: "you may not be taking in enough calories to promote fat loss......

Tim
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    just a heads up to why you might not be losing weight ... you are not eating clean by any means.... fried chicken, pop everyday not many veggies or brown rice oatmeal.... its about calories but in order to lose fat you have to eat clean... abs are made in the kitchen not the gym... the food your eating will not get you to your goal. sorry to be so blunt
    this is completely false. your body cannot tell the difference between a calorie of pop and a calorie of broccoli.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Look in a mirror, are you looking softer?
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6'' and weights 136 lbs while my target weigh is 127lbs but since feb m not losing anything despite of eating clean, within calories and doind aroung 45-60min exercise 5X a week. Some of my MFP frnds suggest may be i am loosing fat abd gaining muscles thas why there is no change in a weight. So, i'd like to ask you all how would i know what i am loosing is fat not muscle?? what is the difference between muscle gain and fat gain??
    I'm 5'2" and weigh 128 lbs. and have a visible 4-pack. 12% bodyfat. Are you sure you need to lose more weight? If so, then you really need to consider incorporating strength training into your fitness program. I normally don't push strength training on to people, but I can't think of any other option that's safe and healthy. This would allow you to drop a little weight, but still have a good degree of overall fitness (in my opinion).