How can I change lose body fat in 2& 1/2 months? (pics)

Options
So, I have been on this journey for awhile and I thought I would be closer to my goal today than I am now.

I start a new job in 2 and a half months and I would to not be the FAT girl in the office. It is a corporate environment and I am actually considering getting a personal trainer once I get started to really help me get the body I want.

Here are my stats: 83kg but had a bad week or so, and my doc scale ended up saying 88.5ks :( My goal is to range between 54kg-66kg.. (120-140lbs) I am 5ft4.

Here is a pic of me now:
4jgmuf5cjn5p.png

HELP!

Replies

• PAGincroyable
    PAGincroyable Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the dirty mirror!
  • karintirasin
    karintirasin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should lose more than 8-10 kg in that time. However, 70 kg for your height is not "fat" and you can continue to lose weight after you start you new job too. Training is only 20% of weight loss. Diet is 80%. So you need to start logging and making sure you stay below those 1200 calories per day... I bought a kitchen scale and was extremely careful to weigh everything and log everything correctly. I've lost 14 kg in 3 months now. I did not exercise at all for the first 1 1/2 month because I was afraid I'd injure myself. I walk/run now. Good luck!!
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You need to eat at a deficit to lose weight
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,924 Member
    Options
    And you sure as heck do NOT need to eat 1200 Cal or less in order to successfully lose weight. in fact, if you want to maximize fat loss and minimize lean mass lost you are probably better off eating 80 to 85% of the calories you spend (15% to 20% max deficit).

And since with a little bit of exercise you can easily be spending more than 2000 Cal a day... you could easily be losing fat eating 1800-2000 Cal...
  • PAGincroyable
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    And you sure as heck do NOT need to eat 1200 Cal or less in order to successfully lose weight. in fact, if you want to maximize fat loss and minimize lean mass lost you are probably better off eating 80 to 85% of the calories you spend (15% to 20% max deficit).

And since with a little bit of exercise you can easily be spending more than 2000 Cal a day... you could easily be losing fat eating 1800-2000 Cal...

1800-2000cals? I will gain surely?
  • PAGincroyable
    Options

Yeah, I thought so :) I'm aiming for 1000-1200 cals.
  • PAGincroyable
    Options
    I don't think you should lose more than 8-10 kg in that time. However, 70 kg for your height is not "fat" and you can continue to lose weight after you start you new job too. Training is only 20% of weight loss. Diet is 80%. So you need to start logging and making sure you stay below those 1200 calories per day... I bought a kitchen scale and was extremely careful to weigh everything and log everything correctly. I've lost 14 kg in 3 months now. I did not exercise at all for the first 1 1/2 month because I was afraid I'd injure myself. I walk/run now. Good luck!!

Great advice! Thank you so much!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

Why 1000 - 1200 calories. Is the height stat in MFP telling you that the bare min it will let you loose .5 or 1 lb a week coming up with the 1200?

You need to be patient with your weight loss goals. You certainly did not gain it all in two months and you sure will not loose it all in 2 months.

And as the above poster stated get the food scale and use it. It is a game changer for counting calories and adhering to your daily deficit. If you want to integrate exercise as part of your new healthy "you", then pick something you enjoy doing and will continue to do it for years to come. You cannot out exercise a bad diet or out run your fork, so the deficit is how you will loose weight, exercise is an added bonus.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Given your stats there is absolutely no reason you have to eat so little... recipe for disaster!
  • spoons81
    spoons81 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Good advice, minus the part about staying below 1200 calories per day.