How to track this exercise?

Options
I work two jobs, one a sitting job and the other is delivering papers. I started with one route and just acquired another. I'm trying to figure out how to figure how many calories I burn while throwing the routes. I used a Fitbit on my old route and according to it I was walking 5 miles a day 5 days a week, 7 miles a day on the weekends.

The paper cut my old route in half and I had to take a second route to make up for it. Unfortunately I don't have my Fitbit anymore (cat is to blame, long story, don't ask.) The routine I normally do is, if I can use the customer's driveway, I pull up in the drive, get out of the car, walk far enough toward the house so I can get the paper on their porch. If I can't use their drive I walk it to the porch from the curb. So I'm constantly getting in and out of the car and walking.

I spend about 3.5 hours every morning throwing from Mon-Fri, 5 hours Saturday and 7 on Sunday. This isn't counting the time I spend standing up wrapping the papers for delivery.

Any ideas as to how I would measure this? Other than buying a new Fitbit, since I don't want to do that?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Maybe just up your activity level setting.
  • Nausicca55
    Nausicca55 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That is an excellent idea! Done! thank you!
  • 89brilewis
    89brilewis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you have a smartphone you can use it to track your steps/activity. Until I can afford to get a fitbit that's what I use, or you could get a step counter (price ranges from $10-30). When I use my phone I either us the MapMyFitness app or the S Health app (came with my Samsung Note5). By using your phone or a pedometer you can log the activity by steps, distance, or even calories.