need help finding cheap fitwatch, maybe ebay, no smartphone or computer to see stats

Options
Can you all point out fitwatches that display all stats without a smartphone (mine doesn't do apps well) n no computer bc f drive port broken. Looking on ebay but what I've found that doesn't need those all take three weeks or more to come from china.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    All the ones I know of require a PC or smart phone to set up.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    You could get a basic pedometer for step counting, and find out the calories expended for other exercises by time and intensity online.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    have you tried amazon? a couple of years ago i got one by gaiam for like $30 that was a watch with a chest strap and the watch displayed your heart rate and all that stuff, no smartphone or computer required
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If you would consider a Heart Rate Monitor w/ Chest Strap, like a Polar watch, you don't need a computer/phone for it.

It's NOT a 24/7 fitness tracker, though. It's only meant to be worn during exercise. I have a Polar FT4 and it gives me a very good calorie burn estimate for each workout. It motivates me to do my at-home exercises. It also lets me know how hard I am working with a constant heart rate read-out.

You might want to go with the Polar FT60, though. I used to have one but I lost it. It has a "smart coach" feature, which gives a little more feedback than the Polar FT4 does.

You can review previous workouts right on your Polar Watch without needing to plug it in, as well as adjust your height/weight on the watch. You can also calculate VO2 Max with some of the watches, like the FT60.

I'm sure you could find a used one for 30-50 bucks.
  • desireeharper1
    desireeharper1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise but work as a cashier temporarily so really need a watch. Not crazy about a cheststrap. I do burn cals at work with upperbody but don't walk much. Need watch n bf has a samsung galaxy n a samsung s3 smartphones with what bluetooth version we don't know but I can set up a watch w those, just need a watch to display data w/o bluetooth or computer daily. Usb charging no prob, I have wall adapters. Looking on ebay now n may have sent over 25 msgs asking what display will show and most replies r from china without answering me.
  • shadow2soul
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Does it need to be a watch model?

Samsung S3 has Bluetooth 4.0 which means just about any activity tracker will work with it. If you don't mind it not being a watch, the Fitbit Zip ($49 on amazon for new) and Fitbit One ($79.86 on amazon for new) have screens that can show you the data collected. The first model with HR is the ChargeHR.

With Fitbit, you would use the Bluetooth to connect it to the phone and then the phone would need to have internet access of some kind (wifi or mobile data) to set up the device/account. After that, you don't have to sync it if you don't want to (just be sure to turn off the all day sync in device settings when setting it up). Fitbit does store some of the data for I believe 7 days, so you could sync it once every 7 days if you wanted or not at all (unless you need to make changes to the data...like updating your weight).

The Garmin Vivofit ($49.99 w/o HRM or $79.99 w/HRM on amazon) I believe is similar to fitbit. You need some way for it to connect to the internet to set up, but once it's set up you don't have to sync it.
  • desireeharper1
    Options
    Damn Shadow2soul, I sent u a long reply but my nook froze n I lost it. A fitbit is available on ebay n u say I can set it up on bf's phone n it'll display stats on display w/o phone after? Perfect! I o u. Add me as friend if u like.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    You have one USB slot?
  • shadow2soul
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Damn Shadow2soul, I sent u a long reply but my nook froze n I lost it. A fitbit is available on ebay n u say I can set it up on bf's phone n it'll display stats on display w/o phone after? Perfect! I o u. Add me as friend if u like.
    As long as it isn't the Flex (display less tracker). Oh and if it's the Force, you might want to avoid that one (it was recalled/discontinued for giving really bad rashes).

From Fitbit's help section:
    HOW OFTEN DOES MY TRACKER NEED TO SYNC?

A daily sync is recommended but not required. All Fitbit trackers can record detailed minute-by-minute data for seven days, so if you're able to sync weekly your complete minute-by-minute-data will be available. Note that Fitbit Alta records minute-by-minute data for only five days. Daily totals are stored for 30 days for all trackers, so if you're only able to sync monthly you can still see your daily totals on your dashboard.
    WHY DO I NEED TO SYNC MY TRACKER?

Once you've set up and started using your new tracker, you'll need to regularly transfer (sync) your tracker's data to Fitbit so you can see your activity history, earn badges, analyze your sleep logs, and more

As you can see, syncing isn't needed. Just recommended if you want to get a better analysis of the data and view history. But even Fitbit says that you can do that once a week if you wanted to have the data stored.

You will want to periodically update the tracker with your weight since that does effect the calorie burn, but basic things can be viewed from the device itself.

Steps, calories burned, distance, and time are shown on all models with a screen. Some models track flights of stairs and that can also be viewed on the device if it has a screen. The models with HR, can also show your HR on the screen.
  • desireeharper1
    Options
    I've been sending replies to shadow n they aren't showing. I need a watch for calories. I'm looking on ebay n wanna keep it under $30 if possible but the zip is just a clipon so won't work but charge n chargehr r ab $50-$60 used for kits. What is hrm on garmin?
  • shadow2soul
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Garmin is chest strap HRM.

Charge is very similar to a Fitbit One, but worn on the wrist instead of being clipped on.

You will have a hard time finding a Charge HR for that price point since people are paying $130 for them new. I would watch the bids, I saw a few on ebay that only had a few hours left and were still under $20. You might get lucky there.

That said I'm wearing a Blaze (has HRM) and Zip right now. Doing a little comparison. So far there is only 56 calorie difference between the 2 (blaze giving more calories, but has also picked up a few more steps from hand movements).
  • desireeharper1
    Options
    Does anyone know of more watches that only need a smartphone to set it up n not to see daily stats?
  • desireeharper1
    Options
    Thanks! Anyone know if the tw64 only needs smartphone to set up bc there r lots buy it now cheap.
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    Thanks! Anyone know if the tw64 only needs smartphone to set up bc there r lots buy it now cheap.
    It doesn't have very good ratings on amazon if it's the thing that looks like a Fitbit Charge.
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    This one sounds perfect for you. It's around $37 for a used one, but doesn't require a phone at all and has a decent user rating.

LifeTrak Core C210
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KO6X8L8/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=
  • desireeharper1
    Options
    Thx shadow! I'm saving the link to that cheapest used one.