Give me your quickest dinner recipes!

Options
2»

Replies

• mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I make this simple and easy stir fry.. Here is a link to the recipe on my blog. http://walkingthin.blogspot.com/2015/11/easy-chicken-stir-fry.html

Love this post.. I am in the same boat. I work 10 hr days and with commute and kid pick up - I am easily away from the house for 12-13 hours before dinner. Slow cookers are a nice idea but not too many things need or should be cooked for 12-13 hours.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Quesadillas are really fast and you can put whatever you want in them. I love mozzarella, tomato and basil. Chicken and cheese is easy. My favorite is monterey jack, goat cheese, black beans, corn, and bell pepper - mix everything together, spread on tortilla, put another tortilla on top, and cook in pan. I usually only make half, one tortilla folded in half with filling, and that is a perfect sized dinner for me under 300 calories.
  • LaDonna368
    LaDonna368 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Trim/season piece of beef/chicken/pork or open sausage package. Plop on the George Foreman or in a pan. Open freezer, get bag of steamable frozen veggies, put in microwave.

Meal ready in 5 minutes (ok a bit longer if you're using a grill and have to preheat it). I alternate meats and there are a ton of different frozen veggies available out there (I get what's on sale). Doesn't get easier than this.
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    I keep some packs of Morningstar Farms patties in the freezer. They take about 10 min to heat/cook on a griddle and make a tasty sandwich. With bun and toppings I can keep it around 500 cals.

• LaDonna368
    LaDonna368 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
    Brown in a little olive oil till lightly browned, add a can of rotel tomatoes and a package of dry ranch dressing mix.

In a separate pot..... Canned black beans, rinsed and drained, salt, pepper, lots of cumin and a little powdered ranch.

Serve chicken and rotel over black beans.

Very fast, easy and YUMMY!!!!