Help....I'm a morning nibbler.

Morning everyone :) My name is Christine and I am a morning nibbler. I am not a breakfast eater and normally I don't really get hungry till about lunchtime. (even if I eat breakfast I do the "munch". I'm a mover and usually don't sit still very long. Rewind to about 6 months ago...new job as a call center representative. I'm attached to my computer for about 7 hours a day. It has been challenging just trying to remain seated all day...I do squats and lunges between phone calls but I find myself nibbling to overcompensate for remaining still. On weekends I NEVER munch in the mornings. I try to keep my carbs to a daily 50-100 but my "go to" nibbling snacks are multigrain cheerios which are about 24 carbs in only a cup. I am looking for suggestions on items I can munch on that are low fat, low carb. I am allergic to nuts. It is early in the morning, so raw veggies aren't very appealing and I like fruit, but some are high in sugar and carbs. So...I am looking for any suggestions. I am a healthy eater normally, mainly chicken, fish and a great deal of veggies. I just cant seem to break this munching cycle in the mornings. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

Replies

• rosesteph
    rosesteph Posts: 18 Member
    The only thing I can suggest is protein shakes. They make you feel full as well as water. I like EAS shakes cause they are low carb. I'm an online college student attached to my computer so that is the only suggestion I have...
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    I'd bring a smoothie to work and sip on it throughout the AM.

I get that you are allergic to nuts - what about seeds? How about hard boiled eggs?

Oh, it's not recommended that someone is both low carb and low fat. Perhaps someone will be along to discuss this further.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Morning everyone :) My name is Christine and I am a morning nibbler. I am not a breakfast eater and normally I don't really get hungry till about lunchtime. (even if I eat breakfast I do the "munch". I'm a mover and usually don't sit still very long. Rewind to about 6 months ago...new job as a call center representative. I'm attached to my computer for about 7 hours a day. It has been challenging just trying to remain seated all day...I do squats and lunges between phone calls but I find myself nibbling to overcompensate for remaining still. On weekends I NEVER munch in the mornings. I try to keep my carbs to a daily 50-100 but my "go to" nibbling snacks are multigrain cheerios which are about 24 carbs in only a cup. I am looking for suggestions on items I can munch on that are low fat, low carb. I am allergic to nuts. It is early in the morning, so raw veggies aren't very appealing and I like fruit, but some are high in sugar and carbs. So...I am looking for any suggestions. I am a healthy eater normally, mainly chicken, fish and a great deal of veggies. I just cant seem to break this munching cycle in the mornings. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

your nibbling is an addiction more or less so all you have to do is stop yourself.... so stop whatever rationalization you're making in your mind and stop nibbling. No one can inspire you to stop yourself you have to decide to do it on your own.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Ohh you're getting the freshman 15, I've worked in several call centers and we often see this. Normally it's from not being as active as people used to be and eating out more often. :lol:

I have snacks at my desk, but they're full on snacks - bars, fruit cups, etc. more calories, and less nibble factor than easily picked up items. I have a hard time finding low-carb snacks for work, so I understand. I'd go with pepperoni or jerky (pre-portion it), fruit cups (toothpicks for stabbing). Avacado (watch those calories), cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries are all lower sugar fruits.
    Otherwise, I would just not have snacks around if you're truly not hungry. Bored eating is bad! :lol:
  • ghimm
    ghimm Posts: 38 Member
    Try eating breakfast. Then you'll be less likely to snack before lunch.