Tips to reduce lower body fat.

Options
I have a normal BMI, but my future job requires me to be slim, and I need to lose fat from the lower body. It's been 15 days here, and the scale hasn't moved an inch. Any diet and exercise tip is highly appreciated :)

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    1) Food scale. Weigh all solid foods (while at home of course) and only use measuring cups for liquids. Even prepackaged single serve stuff can weigh more than it should.

2) Patience.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Lift weights. Eat at a deficit. Do a little cardio. Get plenty of protein. Be consistent. Profit.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce.
  • Roshni006
    Roshni006 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Well, I have been doing weight training and cardio alternatively. But I'm afraid I might be consuming more fatty stuff than I should.
    Thanks for the help though!
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Calories matter. If they are "fatty stuff" is of little importance. How many calories have you been eating?
  • Roshni006
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Calories matter. If they are "fatty stuff" is of little importance. How many calories have you been eating?
    Around 1300. The calorie goal for me is 1400 in MFP. So far I've stayed under, also sometimes it doesn't log because I've not had enough. Not sure if that's where I'm going wrong.
  • jessesmom81
    jessesmom81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Go to youtube and look up Christina Carlyle. She has some good exercies for lower body problems. :)
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Is the exercise and lifting weights new? Like the last 15 days as well?
  • Roshni006
    Options
    Go to youtube and look up Christina Carlyle. She has some good exercies for lower body problems. :)
    Sure, Thanks.
  • Roshni006
    Options
    I started it long back, but took a break for like, 2-3 months. Now, I'm back at it again along with the food logging.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Roshni006 wrote: »
    I started it long back, but took a break for like, 2-3 months. Now, I'm back at it again along with the food logging.

You are probably just holding water from restarting weights. It's pretty common. Give it a few more weeks.
  • Roshni006
    Options

You are probably just holding water from restarting weights. It's pretty common. Give it a few more weeks.
    Sure, Thanks a lot!
  • Aellio290
    Aellio290 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a normal BMI, but my future job requires me to be slim, and I need to lose fat from the lower body. It's been 15 days here, and the scale hasn't moved an inch. Any diet and exercise tip is highly appreciated :)

What job requires you to be slim?
  • Roshni006
    Options
    Aellio290 wrote: »

What job requires you to be slim?

I'm working towards being a flight attendant.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Are you using a food scale?

The two biggest issues for why people aren't losing on MFP is inconsistent and inaccurate logging, leading to consumption of more calories, than you think. But like Hornsby stated, if you just restarted a workout routine, it can lead to water weight retention.