Looking for some fitness and motivation buddies!

Options
Hey MFPers! I'm 28 years old, 5'8" and looking to drop about 35 more pounds. I've been down this road before and have generally been quite successful, however I often fall off the wagon with a few good binges and then it takes me months to recover. This time, I'm making a real and sustainable change! As as today I'm down roughly 65 pounds from my heaviest weight and I've never felt so good about myself and my fitness journey.

Would love any ladies with similar stats to connect with me, let's keep each other on track! I also do the Kayla Itsines workouts if there's any fellow BBG girls out there ;)

Replies

• pmet
    pmet Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing progress! I've done BBG in the past and am thinking of starting again because I'm feeling bored with my current routine. Would love to connect!

I'm also 28 and 5'8". :smile:
  • rodriguezbc
    rodriguezbc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 60 pounds over the next year. Let's do this thing!
  • KiraCharman
    KiraCharman Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    heya feel free to add me :)
  • ionaroberts13
    ionaroberts13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm the same as u - lose weight then binge and take ages to get back on track. Desperate to keep it up this time but need support! How did you get the motivation to really stick to it?
  • ionaroberts13
    ionaroberts13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ps 29 and 5'9 - 14 stone, keen to get down to 12 by 30!
  • girlalmighty08
    girlalmighty08 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm the same as u - lose weight then binge and take ages to get back on track. Desperate to keep it up this time but need support! How did you get the motivation to really stick to it?

I just really had to get past the the "all or nothing" mentality. Before I was so strict with my diet and would deprive myself of all "bad foods", which obviously wasn't sustainable. Whenever I had a slip and would eat or drink something outside my regular regime I'd always see it as a complete failure and figured "Well, since I'm eating crappy anyways I might as well keep going." So I REALLY had to work hard at making a mental shift and remembering that there's always going to be days where I don't eat perfect or can't fit in a workout, and that's totally okay! The key is to just start fresh the next day and not stress about the little things