Camara Suggestion

Options
I'm going camara shopping anyone have any good suggestions on a good one???

Replies

• SassyMissDasha
    Options
    I have the Fujifilm Finepix S1500 and I love it. Some people prefer Canon or Nikon too .. but you should go and test some out and see what you like .. I am sure you will find something nice :)
  • CFaye
    CFaye Posts: 59
    Options
    are you looking for a good point and shoot or SLR? :) I dont know much about point shoots that are out now, but I can tell you that I love my Canon 30D SLR!
  • TonyaR
    TonyaR Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have the Nikon Coolpix L100 and I love it, its got awesome zoom, and shoots nice close ups too!
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If you're looking at spending any reasonably serious money I'd look at reviews on a site such as dpreview.com.

Probably not such a big deal if it's a simple point and shoot you're after, but well worth it in the more serious range.

If you're thinking of getting into photography as a hobby, what I'd consider (and I recently did) is looking at a lightly used second-hand SLR of a model that has good reviews. I want to get back into photography as a hobby, but didn't want to spend a fortune. I saw what looked a good deal on a late-2007 (that was when the 10 MP SLRS with advanced features were coming out) Olympus, with twin lenses. All of the reviews for the particular model were really good, and I'm happy with my choice. Although a bit older, those cameras have perfectly adequate specs and features for an amateur enthusiast, and if I ever become super serious I can look at something really up market..