Feeling nauseous and light headed after working out

Options
A little about my fitness history.. I used to be in great shape. I did insanity, Zumba, weight training and I could run forever. I became pregnant with my beautiful daughter in 2014 and gain 60 pounds! The most activity I did until the day before delivery was working my full time job 8hours a day on my feet constantly walking. After my daughter was born I've started on and off Focus T25, walking and running. I've been so exhausted adjusting to mommy hood, working and balancing all that while still making time for my husband and working out. Anyway, my problem is after working out, usually after weight training or T25, I become very nauseous, light headed and shaky. It usually passes in about an hour but it is the worst feeling ever and turns me off to wanting to workout. I eat usually a yogurt or eggs before and try to drink water before, during and after. I always eat right after because of how I'm feeling. This has never happened to me before so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is my body in shock and it will adjust? I just don't know but I need to lose this baby weight and get back to where I used to be with my cardio and strength levels! Any advice is greatly appreciated! :)

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Build up the exercise duration and intensity slowly, don't go for an excessive calorie deficit.
    Give yourself extra recovery time when starting back into an exercise regime.

In a word - "patience".
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Sounds like classic low blood sugar to me. What's your current calorie intake? Any how long have you been on this current calorie intake, and how long have your been doing the workouts?
  • RunnersLament
    RunnersLament Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Although I'd tend to agree with the low blood sugar, this is something you should really discuss with your MD. You might try sipping a little sports drink during your workout to keep yourself from going into a sugar crash? The other thing that comes to mind is low iron levels... which again would be worth the discussion with your MD. Low iron levels are common in new mothers and athletes (I occasionally need an iron top up re:Exercise Induced Hemolysis). Again, talk to your dr... a public forum such as this isn't likely the best avenue for treating or solving the issue.

Hope it helps

• Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I agree with above--See your doctor about this first, before continuing. Just to be safe!
  • divamomof2
    divamomof2 Posts: 19 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes, see your doctor about it so they can check your blood. I had the same symptoms in which I was diagnosed as being severely anemic. Now I have to take iron pills twice a day and don't have that feeling anymore after my workouts.