Binge eating/emotional eating

I've been on a binge diet cycle since I was about 12 and now 29, I don't want to quit entirely but I want out of the cycle. I am ready to be patient and kind. I know everyone is very pro tracking on mfp, but for those who have conquered binge eating...would a good first step to really ending my binge diet cycle to stop restricting and just focus on making healthy food choices for awhile? Then maybe come back to tracking and eating lower cal after some time just managing that? Has anyone done that first or were there other ways to take a first step with trying to stop the binge/diet cycle? ( I realize just tracking food is not technically a diet but even eating 1500 calories with high protein still has me hungry enough to sometime have the "I'll start tomorrow mentality")

Replies

• endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Whatever you do, there's some toughing up to do in the journey. The first few days or weeks of cutting back you'll feel like cr*p and it'll cause you to exercise your willpower and intelligence. Get over that hurdle and things will be much easier.

good luck.