Fat bomb addict

Options
I think I'm addicted to fat bombs. Seriously they are almost all I want to eat anymore. The good thing is I can only eat one at a time. But I'm eating 3-4 (small) bombs a day. Anyone else experience this when first starting keto? Does the novelty wear off?

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What are you eating for fat bombs? They must be really good! I have a couple I really like (brownie, lemon ricotta cake, both made with almond flour and lots of oil/butter, obviously), but I usually stick to one a day. If you're able to stick to your calorie and macro goals eating 3-4, there's not a problem. The novelty hasn't worn off for me, fwiw. Your thread title made me laugh!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I made these twice, they make 12 servings, and both times I ate the whole lot in one day... I can no longer make these :lol:

http://screwedonstraight.net/keto-diet-peanut-butter-cup-fat-bombs/

Those look seriously good! I'd eat the whole damn thing too :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I made these twice, they make 12 servings, and both times I ate the whole lot in one day... I can no longer make these :lol:

They are amazing! An evil creation I tell you :tired_face:
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    heading to store now dang
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

Are the macros on those correct? The ones at the bottom of the page?!?! That's not bad at all.
  • Christine_72
    edited April 2016
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Are the macros on those correct? The ones at the bottom of the page?!?! That's not bad at all.

Hmmmm Mine came to around 154 calories each.
    15g fat
    2g carbs
    3g Protein
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    What in the heck is a fat bomb?
  • Christine_72
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    What in the heck is a fat bomb?

They're usually a sweet treat that low carbers eat.
    They're sweet, low carb and high fat.

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

Holy. Crap. Sometimes I crave a bunch of fat so I eat string cheese and nuts, but I notice I've been craving the chocolate/peanut butter combo lately. This is a gift. Thank you. I have to make these sometime this week.
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I think I'm addicted to fat bombs. Seriously they are almost all I want to eat anymore. The good thing is I can only eat one at a time. But I'm eating 3-4 (small) bombs a day. Anyone else experience this when first starting keto? Does the novelty wear off?
    You don't need them. Stay under 25g net carbs, hit your protein target. Your fat grams is not a target, it's a limit. There is no need to randomly add fat to your diet if you're not hungry or if you can't limit yourself to just one.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    ketorach wrote: »
    You don't need them. Stay under 25g net carbs, hit your protein target. Your fat grams is not a target, it's a limit. There is no need to randomly add fat to your diet if you're not hungry or if you can't limit yourself to just one.

... no. First, people can do whatever they want. Second, fat is a target for me as well, definitely not a limit... I'll be less hungry if I go over on fat and eat less carbs.
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

... no. First, people can do whatever they want. Second, fat is a target for me as well, definitely not a limit... I'll be less hungry if I go over on fat and eat less carbs.
    Whatever. I don't exactly think some random stranger on MFP is going to change how they eat because of what I say.

But the OP is just starting out on a ketogenic diet. And what I described is actually how keto works. Stay under 25g net carbs, hit your protein goal, eat fat to satiety. (Keeping within your target calories.) Fat is a limit, not a goal.

You can eat however you want.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options

I've never heard of fat bombs before but they look amazing. I might have a go at making them with lolly sticks stuck in them to prevent messy hands.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

I agree. There is often a misunderstanding when starting Keto that you MUST eat that exact amount of fat each day for it to "work". It's just a misunderstanding. You need to eat enough fat to feel satisfied, but there's no reason to try to specifically meet that "fat goal" every day. Any needed fat that you don't eat, will come from your body. :smile: But, you need to eat enough to be satisfied. No need to go hungry on Keto.
    Think of it like this, carbs are a hard limit, protein is a goal to reach and fat is to satiety. If you're 30g under your fat goal and dinner is over and you're not hungry, there's no need to eat fat bombs. Let your body get any that it needs from storage.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    May the force be with all of you who are going to run the gauntlet and make these :naughty: treats. Reeces PB cups are childs play next to these :tongue:
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Haha... OP, please do share your favorites as well!
  • kirbyderb71
    kirbyderb71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Haha... OP, please do share your favorites as well!

Well I've made several already...I haven't eaten them all, I just like variety. And I admit, I enjoy the experiment aspect to it...I'm like a mad scientist. I made a choc peanut butter and strawberry cheesecake with someone else's recipe but after that I've just made my own. I made a "French toast" one that was pretty good and a tiramisu. The best so far was a brownie flavor....I took the base of my favorite brownie recipe (butter, unsweetened choc, cocoa, vanilla), added in heavy cream and stevia. My next experiment will be with a malted milk flavor...inspired by the empty box of Whoppers in my husbands office
  • kirbyderb71
    kirbyderb71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I've never heard of fat bombs before but they look amazing. I might have a go at making them with lolly sticks stuck in them to prevent messy hands.

They make keto much easier for me cause they really fill me up...and also I HAVE to have something sweet after dinner. And they are super easy and fun to make! You don't really chew them...you let them slowly melt in your mouth so you really get the flavors coming out.