OMG SHAKSHUKA!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    I have been intrigued by this recipe since I first saw this thread. I am going to make it for dinner tonight, but I am gluten free and I don't really care for most GF breads. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to serve it with. The calorie count is too low on its own. Thanks!

Fresh corn tortillas seem like they would be fantastic with this. mmm.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I just pinned it. Hubby and I (mostly I) want to try new recipes while I have more free time this summer. This looks like a fun take on huevos rancheros.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Does anyone one remember a poster who kept spamming shakshuka all over the forums? Every thread in the "Recipes" section regardless of the question was answered with a picture of shakshuka and a recipe, lol. Good times.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Does anyone one remember a poster who kept spamming shakshuka all over the forums? Every thread in the "Recipes" section regardless of the question was answered with a picture of shakshuka and a recipe, lol. Good times.

Ha - or the one who did the banana pancakes :smile:
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    I have been intrigued by this recipe since I first saw this thread. I am going to make it for dinner tonight, but I am gluten free and I don't really care for most GF breads. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to serve it with. The calorie count is too low on its own. Thanks!

I ate it on top of leftover rice one morning as I discovered my bread was stale. I feel like it would also be tasty over roasted potatoes or grits/polenta. Adding more beans, higher starch veggies, a side of breakfasty meats, or throwing some feta/parmesan/mozzarella on top will increase the calories!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Wow great ideas! I actually have some left over cheese grits in my fridge. There ya go. And I will remember the corn tortillas. I think that would be good too.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    OK, so this was incredibly tasty! I used the NYTimes recipe from @TuesdayLucero 's post above, but my feta cheese didn't smell too good so I used cotija instead. I wasn't surprised at how good this was, but I was surprised at how much the eggs made the dish. I have used essentially this same combo of ingredients many times before, but there was something special about how this all came together that made it so tasty. I ate it with left over grits as I mentioned above and will probably serve it that way again. Since I used up all of the grits, I am having it with some tortilla strips for lunch today. I am sure it will be just as good. Thanks for the great idea @MlleKelly !
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

Ha - or the one who did the banana pancakes :smile:

Yes, the banana pancakes lol. But now I do want to try this shakshuka it does look delicious. Thanks OP!