Your shape fitness - Xbox 360 kinect

sc487
sc487 Posts: 102 Member
Has anyone used your shape fitness evolved? Particularly the Xbox 360 version with Kinect? I don't have the ability to go to the gym most days but can definitely do a game as I can keep my kids with me (no go at my apt complex gym). Alternatively, has anyone used any other good exercise games for the Xbox?

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    usually the Dancing Xbox games will get you going. also the kinect sports are pretty good.
  • sc487
    usually the Dancing Xbox games will get you going. also the kinect sports are pretty good.

Don't like dance unless it's ballroom lol. Don't think they have a ballroom dancing game. But definitely check out the Kinect sports
  • missesquirejd
    missesquirejd Posts: 88 Member
    I have to echo the comment about the dance games. The amount of calories burned is amazing.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    See if you can find EA Sports Active 2.0. I preferred it over Your Shape.
  • sc487
    why did you prefer it over your shape?

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    I had gotten Kinnect Biggest Loser for a dollar and aside from some control aggravation and inaccurate scans (My chin was apparently 161 inches lol) the work out part wasn't too bad. I liked it enough to do a couple of routines. I don't think the calorie burn they say is accurate( like most things). I counted the workouts as body extra movement if nothing else. It doesn't track my movements consistently and credits me more reps than I've done sometimes but I was sweating pretty well after 40 mins...

I had a lot more fun and a work out playing the kids games. Disney/Pixar Rush was fun and even Fable was fun if you want to do some light upper body play... That was a while back though, I used it as a stepping stone to better fitness. I've moved onto lifting now, but Kinect is a lot of fun.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    sc487 wrote: »
    why did you prefer it over your shape?

With it you had a fitness test 1 once a week. There's a 3 week cardio kickstart program and a 12 week program (that I can't remember the name of atm). It had a HRm arm band to monitor your HR during the workouts (used for calorie burn estimation as well). During the programs it changed things up to keep it interesting and slowly increased the difficulty on you.
    If I remember correctly, your shape was fun but didn't have the structure I was looking for.