Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Vasectomy And Working Out

Options
So I had a vasectomy today and the doctor told me I couldn't workout for 2 weeks. Has anyone been told the same but bucked the system and worked out sooner? I don't think I can go 2 weeks w/o going stir crazy. That said, I don't want to hurt my boys either. . . if you know what I mean.

Replies

• NYRhockey00
    NYRhockey00 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    So I had a vasectomy today and the doctor told me I couldn't workout for 2 weeks. Has anyone been told the same but bucked the system and worked out sooner? I don't think I can go 2 weeks w/o going stir crazy. That said, I don't want to hurt my boys either. . . if you know what I mean.

buddy of mine had it done....listen to the dr, nothing to eff around with (pun intended) but seriously
  • NYRhockey00
    NYRhockey00 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Bbg340 wrote: »
    I'd risk a knee
    I'd risk a shoulder
    I'd risk a neck
    I'd risk the boys? Hell no

this guy...correct!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Pay attention to the Doc.
    He told me, Take it easy for two weeks or pay for it for two months.
    He was right, I woke up the next day after a work out and hade Great fruit size nuts
    and it hurt to pick up a pencil or a book. Good luck
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Sure, ignore the doc's advice regarding your balls and ask MFP instead. No biggie, right?

Don't forget to take video.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sure, ignore the doc's advice regarding your balls and ask MFP instead. No biggie, right?

Don't forget to take video.

Definitely - we will want to check the doctor's form
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'd risk a knee
    I'd risk a shoulder
    I'd risk a neck

They're shooting blanks now, so what's the risk. Do whatever your want, OP. Not my circus, not my balls.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    I'd risk a knee
    I'd risk a shoulder
    I'd risk a neck

They're shooting blanks now, so what's the risk. Do whatever your want, OP. Not my circus, not my balls.

But if they explode or grow to the size of watermelons, please to take video.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I had one 10 years ago. I haven't worked out since.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Dude I don't even have a pair .... Listen to your Doc !!!!!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Had a vasectomy for my birthday last year.

Did I miss a workout? No, but I had mine on a Friday morning and the next training cycle didnt begin until the following Tuesday. But I was cautious and left out my usual volume/weights and when it came time for squats, I didn't do my normal squats, but did a 10x10 of 135 lbs Sumo.

Otherwise, we make too big of deal of this procedure. If you feel able, take it slow/light. If you don't feel able, grab another bag of frozen peas and sit out a week.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

No boys, no vote!
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I had a vasectomy a few years ago, and I was healing nicely until my, at the time 3 year old son mule kicked me right in the surgical site 3 days after the surgery. I dropped to my knees and made a sound I could not replicate if my life depended on it. I would say it is best to follow the doctor's advice as some injury or trauma could prolong the healing process, and believe me it hurts so much worse if you damage the area right after surgery.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options

No boys, no vote!

Worked in the Medical Field ...... and it ain't pretty
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

No boys, no vote!

Worked in the Medical Field ...... and it ain't pretty

I'm not sure what your pragmatic and useful experience has to do with giving advice to a guy with a "can you hold my beer" attitude? If he wants to blow up his balls, does your medical field experience tell you what angle the video camera should be held? Are you only going to get in the way of filming the next YouTube ball blow up extravaganza?

• richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Had a vasectomy for my birthday last year.

Did I miss a workout? No, but I had mine on a Friday morning and the next training cycle didnt begin until the following Tuesday. But I was cautious and left out my usual volume/weights and when it came time for squats, I didn't do my normal squats, but did a 10x10 of 135 lbs Sumo.

Otherwise, we make too big of deal of this procedure. If you feel able, take it slow/light. If you don't feel able, grab another bag of frozen peas and sit out a week.

All I got for my last birthday was a case of beer and some candy :/
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    lol. I read the title of this as Vasectomy Not Working Out. My dad had his done twice. *kitten* grew back or something.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    In for research purposes! OP - if your boys explode, please post back here and update us. I plan on ignoring my urologist's advice, too, and I want to make sure I'm safe. I'll only do it if you do!