gonna do it this time

Options
I have been up and down for years in my weight but now it is effecting my health I also have my first Grandchild due in August and Ideceided I want to be around for her and for my kids I stopped smoking over 8 years ago ( cold turkey) and now its time to concentrate on my weight I have been using myfitnesspal now for 6 days and I wonder why I waited so long I am getting all the food I need to feel full without all the junk I use to eat everyday I was very big on sweets and fast food I feel like I can do this this time My goal is to lose 80 lbs and then I will take a look at myself and see if thee is any need to continue or just maintain that weight That would still leave me just above the 200 lbs mark but I havent seen that kind of weigh since 1980

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated :glasses: :glasses: :glasses:

Replies

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Eat less....move more. Measure, measure, measure every single morsel.of food. Check out my profile and feel free to add me if you like.
  • maab12
    maab12 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP.
    The only advice I feel confident in giving is take it one day at a time and just because you slip for one day or even a week should not be considered a failure and do not give up. there will be bad days good days bad weigh in's and good ones. take it one day at a time and know that the weight did not come on over night and it will not disappear over night

good luck and feel free to add me
  • joannbrunton
    joannbrunton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    you can do this and there are lots of people on mfp who will provide support and inspiration. you have come to the right place.....your journey will be filled with lots of others who are on this journey to better health through a healthier lifestyle. this is not a diet so please do not think of it as a diet. search the message board for dan's roadmap....it will get you on the right track. welcome aboard.....i am sending you a friend request.
  • crzycylr
    crzycylr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You will do it! It is lifestyle change. you will have good and not that great days. You won't be perfect, but lasting change never is. Track everything, find music that will inspire you to work out. Weight once a week and log. Find MFP friends. It is a great site for support, accountability, and ideas. You can do whatever you pur your mind to.:smile:
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP.
    The only advice I feel confident in giving is take it one day at a time and just because you slip for one day or even a week should not be considered a failure and do not give up. there will be bad days good days bad weigh in's and good ones. take it one day at a time and know that the weight did not come on over night and it will not disappear over night

good luck and feel free to add me
    I could not say it better. Feel free to add me:drinker: