Weight has stalled what am I doing wrong?

Options
Can someone look at my diary and tell me what I am doing wrong. Please ignore Friday and Saturday as only two days to date I have missed completing entries. Thank you.

Replies

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    How has this stall been?
  • Shellymarie604
    Shellymarie604 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Going onto week 2 with no weight loss. Before it was steadily coming off. I weight 185-186 at 5 foot 6 so still quite overweight.
  • Shellymarie604
    Options
    I also measure and weight everything
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear and I wouldn't call it a stall until you've been at the same weight for 6 weeks. If you feel you are eating the right amount of calories daily and getting enough activity, I'd wait it out and be patient.
  • Shellymarie604
    Options
    My calories are set to 2 pounds a week so super frustrating when I am working out and watching what I eat and no movement on scale of anything it has been fluctuating up and down but not losing this last bit past my lowest weight
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Can someone look at my diary and tell me what I am doing wrong. Please ignore Friday and Saturday as only two days to date I have missed completing entries. Thank you.

Your diary doesn't appear to be set to public, so we can't take a look at it.

I'll reiterate what others have said. Two weeks without a lods is frustrating as heck, but it may not indicate that you're doing anything wrong. Weight loss isn't linear and we get stalls like this even when we're doing everything right.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10196160/scale-stress-syndrome/p1
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I'd ride it out and keep doing what you're doing, I don't see a loss sometimes anywhere from 4 weeks to 6 weeks.
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Your diary doesn't appear to be set to public, so we can't take a look at it.

Would love to help out but cannot take a peak, sorry!

Personally I find the inaccurate entries on MFP frustrating, even some of the green check marked ones are not correct for basic foods, or they only have options for cups in the serving part. I think weighing everything is much more accurate, recording in grams .... I just wish the database of foods broke out the user entered ones vs like usda.

I'd check your food selections to make sure you aren't entering something like "side salad" but instead use things like "romaine lettuce, carrot, cucumber, etc"

• dragerk
    dragerk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You might want to consider re-adjusting your calorie goals. I look at mine every 10 lbs to be sure that I'm still going to be losing weight at the rate I'd like as when you get smaller, you need less and less calories!
  • Shellymarie604
    Options
    OK diary set to public now. Feel free to review.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Well since you're asking for feedback...

Are you weighing everything? I see things like "1 medium apple" and "2 large eggs". Those should be weighed and compared against a good entry (preferably USDA) that includes that item by weight. Some "quick add" calories. Since I don't know what those are, might be fine might not be. It does seem like some things you are weighing, some you are not?

If I had to guess I'd say...2 weeks is not enough time to worry about a plateau. Did you recently start a new workout regime? Possibly that time of month for you?

When you weigh on the scale you weigh same time of day same clothes?

Someone above said a plateau isn't until 6 weeks. But I make a rule I don't panic until 3 weeks. Then I look at my diary and see what I'm doing wrong. When you say you didn't complete Friday/Saturday, what happened? Did you eat a high calorie meal for dinner both of those nights? Something with sodium that might cause you to be retaining water now? I'm not suggesting it was enough to wipe out your weight loss, but it might be causing water fluctuations.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'd ride it out and keep doing what you're doing, I don't see a loss sometimes anywhere from 4 weeks to 6 weeks.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I just went four weeks with no movement on the scale and then this morning "WHOOSH" all the weight I "should" have been losing over the last month!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Agree with @blues4miles I get that sometimes you may have a generic entry, but things where you could be off a serious amount are going to see you eating more than you realized. Also, don't trust packaging that says "1 serving". It lies. They're not supposed to be off by a lot, but when you're talking high calorie things (like nuts) it can also add up, especially on days when you have 30 calories left (Note: I'm not saying having few left is bad, just that accuracy is more important at that point). Weighing, though definitely more time consuming, absolutely makes sure that you've crossed out inaccuracy in your diary as an issue.

I tend to follow 'the chart' too and would start thinking plateau at minimum 3 weeks, and would echo Blues' questions as well on what happened during the weekend.

As a note, and this is just food for thought, unless your GF/someone around you is, or you like Udi's, Sarah Lee Honey Wheat has just as many calories (70/slice, 28g I think) at a lower cost.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Are you at 1200 calories? I am thinking that 2 lbs a week is too aggressive at this stage for your stats. Likely you cannot expect 2 lbs a week now, and need to change your goals to 1 lb or at minimum, 1.5 lbs a week. I know you said no loss, but you also said "going into week 2", which suggests it has been little more than one week. You will not lose every week. Just be patient.