48hr hollywood diet

Options
I was just wondering if anyone has tried this as a kick start to their diet and exercise plan. Ive read some reviews but would like to hear from people on this site.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it, did a quick search and got results for where to buy some bottled stuff. :noway:

Haven't and wouldn't try it myself - anything I have to pay for, has a time limit, claims to kick start anything other than a dirt bike, and generally has the word "diet" or "hollywood" in it, is a red flag for me. :tongue:

Better to start changing your eating and exercise habits for the long term. Temporary changes to diet will get you temporary results. Best tools I've found are right here at MFP and didn't cost me a thing, other than the fat that I have lost. Well, and having to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe of smaller clothes.

No gimmicks, no fads, just eat your calories, exercise (preferably with some form of resistance/strength training), drink water, get good rest, have patience. We didn't gain the fat quickly, and we won't lose it quickly, but doing it the right way and making the changes for life are totally worth it.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    It's just a liquid fast using sugary "juice". Anyone will lose a little bit of weight/size after not eating at all for two days. It's not actual weight loss and won't kickstart anything.

They call it the Hollywood diet because it's an extreme crash "diet"/fast to get some water weight off to look look a little better in a dress for a particular event and then it all just comes right back.

Not recommended at all.
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    It'd be a waste of your time and money for sure and has more of a chance of hurting than helping you. It'll leave you hungry and likely to cheat and make poor food choices. Just start eating lots of veggies and lean proteins and less junk food, and that'll kick start you better than a fad diet. :) Fad diets are the key to regaining all your weight as quickly as you lost it.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Just don't...
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I will not try it, you guys are right. Just be nice to lose 10lbs in 2 days but itll be water weight thats it.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I did it many many moons ago when I was a skinny teenager who thought she was fat. The juice was gross and I was so hungry when I was done it wasn't a great jump start. Starting a diet when you're absolutely starving sounds like a terrible idea.

A good way to jumpstart is waking up tomorrow, having a poached egg and some fruit and going about your day :)
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Eating 3 oranges in a day would be better than 3 glasses of that juice (or any jjuice really) because you get fiber in the oranges, which would keep you more full than just drinking juice.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    No, don't waste your $$$