Running and weight loss

Options
Is it possible to run and diet and loose weight? I need some help b with this. I was doing well with a little pharmaceutical help, but since I stoped the prescription, I have stalled. Frustrating!

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    It's all about energy balance.

Consume less calories than you use.

Running will expend energy, as will walking, jumping up and down on one leg, or just sitting in a chair all day.

But when all is said and done it's all about the balance of energy consumed vs expended.

You can run all day long but if you consume too many calories you're doomed.
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    1. make diet plan that will make you lose weight
    2. add exercise if desired
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You can run and lose weight, so long as you're consuming less calories than you burn.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Yes, but exercise may make you hungrier, so you have to be aware of that. It's tempting to get into the mindset that you can eat whatever you want because you burned off a bunch of cals.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    As above - if the running allows you to burn 2500 on average daily, and with 500 cal deficit you can eat 2000 and be satisfied and adhere well to that level - then better than perhaps no running and burning 2000 and needing to eat 1500 - but it's so low you binge and go over often.

Also - running only in a diet will assist in muscle mass loss elsewhere.

You can attempt to minimize that by confirming eating enough protein - and keeping the deficit minor.

But really, exercise is for heart health and body transformation, it could assist with losing fat if done right, could help lose muscle if done wrong.

Diet is for weight loss and if done right just fat loss, done wrong include muscle too.

And yeah, if you had drug assistance in losing weight - you may not even know what kind of weight it was.
    Needed water weight lost even lowers metabolism, and if it helped you to eat an unreasonable amount low calorie, then lost muscle mass too.