Breakfast ideas?

sdopps
sdopps Posts: 27 Member
I am looking for low calorie, protein packed breakfast ideas, preferably that are good for on the go? I would like to stick to around 200 calories. Any ideas?

Replies

• MLouis1
    MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
    I think 200 is low. Greek yogurt and a small amount of cereal. Whole grain bread and Better then Peanut butter. A couple of light string cheese, fruit, maybe a few crackers. A protein bar.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Protein bar or shake + banana, yogurt with sunflower seeds and berries, rice cake with peanut butter and apples...these are my go-to's and I always eat while on the go
  • audreyleigh7
    audreyleigh7 Posts: 1 Member
    Cottage Cheese on ½ english muffin with tomato and pepper- quick/easy
    Pre-made protein balls- i prefer oatmeal, pb, and protein powder- tons of recipes online and take about 20 minutes to make enough for the whole week
    overnight oatmeal w/ chia, sesame seeds, and pb
    cottage cheese with anything really- i add to oatmeal, on toast, by itself (though not as filling)
  • jakkrk
    jakkrk Posts: 54 Member
    Fruit mixed with low fat greek yogurt. Egg whites.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited April 2016
    My favourite is toast and peanut butter - my brand of bread and peanut butter together comes to 180 calories.
  • fubsyfern
    fubsyfern Posts: 38 Member
    Trader Joe's Simply Nutty Bars are 200 calories a bar. And there's a fruit and nut bar that's 180 calories.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    200kcals for breakfast is pretty low. I like to shoot for 1/3rd of daily calories for breakfast, but everyone's different. Also, I feel better if I have some carbs at breakfast.

To get quality protein it's easiest to include meat and/or dairy. Nuts and nut butters derive most of their calories from fat, which is also very good to eat at breakfast, but you are targeting protein.

If it has to be grab-and-go, you can pre-make hard boiled eggs and leave in the fridge. A large egg and an English muffin are almost exactly 200kcals. Swap the egg for 80kcals of any meat and/or cheese. For a quick filling breakfast, I've put ham and cheese on English and warmed in the microwave. If you want to go low-carb, leave out the muffin, and re-heat two hard-boiled eggs with a small amount of melted cheese, mayo, or butter.