Ladies please help.

Options
Char231023
Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
I am looking to change up my look. I have been using the same kind of make up for what seems like forever. Please help me out with some new makeup tips tricks and products that will not break the bank. Men too if you have any experience with makeup.

Replies

• meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have a naked palette and absolutely love it. Pricey, but quality and it gives me a variety of looks.

Have you YouTube'd any tips or tricks? My tween is queen youtuber when it comes to make up application. Lol.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I agree that YouTube is great and so is Pinterest!! I'm a MAC makeup fan but also use the Naked Palette. It's fun to play around with your eyeliner application once in a while to change your look, I have bought some cheap eyeliners from Avon in all different colors. Don't be afraid to experiment a little! ;)
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I recently started lining my top lids with very dark shadow with a line brush for a soft lined look, also mixing my foundation with my moisturiser gives a clean even coverage and keeps my skin hydrated :) I also use younique fiber lash mascara with is literally insane!
  • MotivatedMarisa
    MotivatedMarisa Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just got this app youcammakeup & you can see all types of makeup on yourself and then I think it tells you the brands of what you like. Even changes hair color. I'm obsessed
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Judging by your profile photo I'd say you tend to go for a more natural look. A suggestion I'd make is for you to pick a focal point on your face (eyes, contoured & highlighted cheeks, or lips) and experiment with them one at a time.

I think bold lips and a soft bronzing with a bit of mascara would look lovely on you. Id suggest, if you're in the states, you go into a Sephora and just spend a few hours playing in makeup. You can even set up an appointment with a mua there and get the to try different looks on you. I think you'd have to buy $50 of makeup for the mua appointment though.

Let me know if you want me to expand further. Good luck Hun.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Go for a tutorial somewhere near you! There are make-up artists who can help do this with you ;)
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys these are really great suggestions.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Naked palettes - a little pricey but totally worth it. I also highly recommend ColourPop, online makeup company out of Los Angeles, everything is $5-$8 (or there are set for $15-$30) with free shipping on $30 or more and the quality is excellent!!!

Sephora has online videos, and Youtube has tons, try Jaclyn Hill, Ellarie, Coffee Break with Dani...
  • palmettolady1984
    palmettolady1984 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    285to170 wrote: »
    Judging by your profile photo I'd say you tend to go for a more natural look. A suggestion I'd make is for you to pick a focal point on your face (eyes, contoured & highlighted cheeks, or lips) and experiment with them one at a time.

I think bold lips and a soft bronzing with a bit of mascara would look lovely on you. Id suggest, if you're in the states, you go into a Sephora and just spend a few hours playing in makeup. You can even set up an appointment with a mua there and get the to try different looks on you. I think you'd have to buy $50 of makeup for the mua appointment though.

Let me know if you want me to expand further. Good luck Hun.

Girl, Sephora is my weakness! The fifty dollars is well worth the tips I got during my appointment!
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    I recently started lining my top lids with very dark shadow with a line brush for a soft lined look, also mixing my foundation with my moisturiser gives a clean even coverage and keeps my skin hydrated :) I also use younique fiber lash mascara with is literally insane!

Is there a moisturizer you can recommend

Same question to everyone else
  • 5150nick562
    5150nick562 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    I am looking to change up my look. I have been using the same kind of make up for what seems like forever. Please help me out with some new makeup tips tricks and products that will not break the bank. Men too if you have any experience with makeup.

You look beautiful jus the way you are!!!
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    @pie_eyes face or body?

Face
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    @pie_eyes face or body?

Face

Is your skin dry or oily?
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Options
    I think i'm in the minority when it comes to Naked palettes. I find them too blendable, if that makes sense? Like often times the shades just kinda mix into one color on the eyelid. But I will say they are creamy and long lasting.

OP if you're just experimenting trying to find new things to do, don't break the bank on super high end products. If you want to try green eye shadow, don't go buying a 20 dollar one until you're sure you like what it looks like on you. Unless money is no issue at all, in which case go on a shopping spree and buy anything that catches your eyes.

I love shopping for makeup.
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    @pie_eyes face or body?

Face

Um neither mostly

It's dry sometimes and oily others
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Options
    @pie_eyes face or body?

Face

Um neither mostly

It's dry sometimes and oily others

Cerave moisturizing lotion is a good moisturizer, better than some that are 60-70 dollars. It works great on dry skin, should work on combination skin like your own too.
  • jennaraemyers
    jennaraemyers Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Elf is a nice cheap product with a lot of items to choose from.