Ketogenic Diet

Options
Has anyone done this I've decided to give it a go 2 days in unsure if I have my settings my right, I've researched on the net and lots of different websites that have confused me abit.

Replies

• MindPump1
    MindPump1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for about 3 weeks now. Its been an interesting journey. I feel fantastic, but I have also learned a lot, and I still have a lot to learn. One think I have learned is to really look at your diet. The goal of a ketogenic diet is to maximize your fat intake while limiting your carb intake. The first day I removed all carbs except those I eat from veggies. I brought my protein intake down to about 100-150 grams depends on the day and I push to get about 150-200 grams of fat each day. The sources of fat range from oils, coconut oil, MCT oil, olive oil, grass fed butter. But as I get into this, I am expanding my views to nuts, veggies, fruit and meats. Trying to explore non-mainstream meats, like livers for example for a fat source. There are a ton of web sites out there. I would continue to search, because I am as I continue to eat, but find a good core of foods that you like that will hit your numbers and expand from there. Hope this helps!
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Yep! Lost 100lbs eating keto in 2014. Started a keto recipe blog and have a lot of resources if you are interested. Keto is awesome and has helped a lot of people overcome a multitude of health issues on top of weight loss. Feel free to friend or PM me. :smile: