How much weight do you lose overnight?

Options
laurenm0304
laurenm0304 Posts: 10 Member
Hey guys!

I'm pretty new to MFP and to the forums but in the short space of time I've been here, I've seen alot of people talking about how they weigh more at night and less in the morning.

I, personally, can weigh around 2/3lbs more at night than I generally weigh. I always feel relieved when I wake up and weigh myself and I'm back down again!

So, just out of curiosity, how much does your weight change overnight?! :-)

PS like I said I am new here and looking to make friends so please feel free to add me! 23 year old female from the UK looking to almost half my (20 stone!) body weight.

Xx

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    No idea...I never weigh myself at night. It would depend greatly on how much people are ingesting as well as how much waste is being eliminated in a given day, etc.

I'm in maintenance and can easily fluctuate 0-5 Lbs day to day. I lost 3 Lbs from yesterday morning to this morning's weigh in...mostly because I had a really high sodium weekend and was retaining a lot of water and yesterday I was back to my normal WOE, drank plenty of water, and sweated and peed a lot.
  • 8R1C60
    8R1C60 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I get mad fluctuations from day to day so it can vary. Last night I was the same weight as I was when I woke up this morning, apparently. But usually I can rely on weighing around a kilo (sometimes more) less in the morning than I did when I went to bed.
  • tcarp8
    tcarp8 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    So what you're saying is, if I sleep for a week, I can lose a bunch of weight? I like it.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,226 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh at night, but the few times I did, I would drop 4 pounds overnight. It is water weight from breathing and the morning elimination of digested food.
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    It's usually around 2 lbs for me. I always officially weigh first thing in the morning :)
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    To answer your question, weight fluctuates all day. It's going to be lower in the morning because you aren't full of as many fluids and food.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    80% of fat loss is exhaled as CO2..so yeah..you lose weight while you sleep!...
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I usually lose 3-4 lbs overnight.
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    1.5-2 lbs