Eating out

Options
I'm on a work trip this week and am going to be eating out for every meal. Initially I was pretty excited because I'm working close to an all vegan chain called Native Foods and I love their food. Today I ordered a sesame kale quinoa bowl with some tofu and was pretty stoked because according to MFP it was only around 400 Cals... And then it happened! I noticed it said PER CUP. I had noticed in time and I'm glad I did because this meal was definetely about 3-4 cups worth of food. So I'm writing this mostly because I'm pretty mad at portion sizes at restaurants. And also because I'm sure some of you can relate. Well, at least now I have left overs for tomorrow

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    When I travelled for work, I would "splurge" on expensive fruits and veggies and prepared foods....low cal and easy to track. for example I would have a lunch that was chicken (already cooked and diced), rasberries and some other fruit or veggie. Restaurant meals are definitely more difficult...I don't think you get much bang for your buck calorie wise.