...the dreaded bat wings

Options
2»

Replies

• BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    A little-or a lot-of excess skin and flab is NOTHING compared to how awesome I feel today on my 61st birthday, having lost 138 so far, and ran for 30 min this morning, more than I've run on all my other birthdays combined! It's all a matter of perspective.

THIS!

So for me also lose skin and bat wings

Since some months maintaining and i must say it is getting less....not much but still it is getting a bit better.
    Now dont get me wrong i dont like them. But i really dont care what others think about it.

I feel so much better, i am fit and when i run up the stairs at my work while the escalator next to it has a bunch of (younger) people than me...i feel proud and superior. lol And yes i know lots of people who maybe can not walk those stairs for many reasons. But what i mean is the feeling i have is awesome and the bat wings...well meh i have them...deal with it world. But i wouldn't trade them for the before and after results ( 130 lbs lost)

And like i said still being active, i swim, walk, jog and do some training with dumbbells so that obviously helps. But i settled down that they are a part of me for the rest of my life....maybe i should make the best out of it and see if i really can be a bat and can fly with them......
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    At 55kg (120lb) down, all I can say is I'm proud of my bingo wings. They're a sign of my success and will be a constant reminder of what I don't ever want to return to. My legs on the other hand will be more of an issue, but that's more due to rubbing skin than the look of the skin itself.

Depending on age and genetics, the skin will shrink a bit over time, but if that's not enough you've always got strength training and maybe surgery as a future option.