Feelings Discouraged?

Options
Hey everyone, went to the gym for the first time in a while tonight and worked arms (I naturally have really small arms), so I got discouraged mostly after I left and felt like what I've been doing isn't really doing anything for me. I've done a lot of research and have been eating better, smaller portions, less calories throughout the day. Trying to get rid of the stomach fat I do have so I can reach abs, so after the cut I can bulk for muscle. It seems as if it's taking forever to lose the fat and I feel like it's going to take forever for me to reach my goals and how I want to look. But I thought about it and I realized that I need to be proud of my myself. I'm doing something that really no one in my family does, even with being in college trying to manage what I eat and having time to even go to the gym. I'm doing something to better myself bc I, myself, want to. I'm making working out, being healthier, feeling better, and a new body a priority. I also just changed my major to Criminal Justice bc I feel as if it fits my personality and am starting to feel sort of positive about my life! I just wanted to let y'all know that I've been through a lot (health wise, family, relationships, etc.), I'm sure every one of y'all have as well. I'm a very emotional person and at times have let that take over me. I have one person who's been through everything with me, is always there, and am thankful for that. I know not everyone has that. If it weren't for that one person in my life I wouldn't either. That's why I'm typing this. If you ever feel discouraged, just take a step back, lay your life out in front of you, figure out where you want to make changes, do it and MAKE yourself happy. Times will still get hard, but don't let that bring you down, because great things will come. Just be the best you can be, go for what YOU want, and work hard for it. I know if I can do it, y'all can, and I'm not giving up! I hope everyone had a good day and good luck with everything!

Replies

• teamvic
    teamvic Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great motivation, hope you reach your goals. thanks for the positive post!