Hi Everyone!

Options
My name is Sharon. I"m 39. I'm not at all new to MyFitnessPal but totally new to the forums. I'm tired of trying to go through eating struggles alone and I am looking for friends :blush:

About me?
I am a mom of 3 teenagers, 3 cats. I am very happily married. I love to read, crochet, and ride on the back of my husband's motorcycle. We actually do long distance rides and challenge rides, recently completing 1019 miles in 20 hours. It's okay to call us crazy, we think so too sometimes! :wink:

I have struggled with my eating habits my whole life. My first "diet" was at about age 8. I put myself on a crackers and milk diet. My mom thought it was "cute." I also started binge eating at 8. Bulimia at 13. I beat Bulimia finally. I'm almost 10 years purge-free. I still struggle a bit with binging but I have not had an intentional binge in over 6 months now. I also struggle majorly with anxiety. Mostly health anxiety and social anxiety. Oddly I do fine on the internet. It's when I am in a crowd or expected to entertain that I start freaking out. I do have major exercise anxiety. I have had it for 2 years after a misdiagnosis of a heart problem disrupted my life. I'm working to overcome that.

I don't use the calorie counter on MFP much anymore, usually it's an every once in a while thing just to see how I'm doing, but I am looking for more friends, more of a support team. I do not have a weight problem, I have an eating problem. I tend to just not care what I put into my body at times, and that is what I am trying to change. I do use Facebook. I log all my meals there nightly in a collage. Just a way to put it out there, this is what I ate today, and keep me accountable. You can join me here or you can add me on Facebook :)https://facebook.com/YoureFullOfFit

Replies