Where to start for weight lifting?

Options
I have never lifted before. Which is a shame because I see the amazing results people can get and I am realizing I wont get "bulky". Anywho where should a newbie start? Any plans...sites.. Youtube videos?.. I work out at home. Ive seen kettlebells and those look pretty neat. Any advice is appreciated. Have a great day!!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Depends on your equipment access. If you are a member of a gym, you can follow one of these programs or you can start with a good body resistance program such as: Convict Conditioning or You are your own gym. But there are also tons of home bases resistance programs like P90X, Body Beast, etc..
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Fullbody 3x a week. Starting strength, 5/3/1 or a comparable program. After a couple months I'd recommend researching intermediate programs.
  • goshgarian
    goshgarian Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the Chalean Extreme workout from Beachbody. Great program and she educates you along the way
  • mankars
    mankars Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    If you prefer to workout at home then get yourself a few dumbbells & kettlebells of various weights. They are more than enough for you to get started. There are tons of Youtube videos on this topic... just do search on "weight lifting for beginners".

Remember, get your core muscles strong before you start on any weight lifting program... focus on overall muscles in your body.