Using supplements to help with weight loss

I'm wondering about the types of supplements people are using on their weight loss journies?

I've been using wraps, greens, pro fit protein, and New You from It Works and have been having great success so far. Since january i have lost 30 lbs and have receny started going to the gym. I am feeling awesome. Still have 50 lbs to go.

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    You lost weight because of a calorie deficit not some over priced MLM products.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    You are staying within your calories. That's why you are losing weight.
    Congratulations.

I would drop the pills. If pills worked, everyone under the sun would be skinny.
    I looked and could not find ingredients.
    Just HGH - Isnt' that the one linked to cancer? No sure. Research. Be careful, ok?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    It's a calorie deficit you did, nothing more. Congrats on your weight so far!!
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Agreed. Most are crap. I do, however, do use a few supplements like L-Carnitine, CLA, BCAA's, Pre-Workout, Forskolin. Can't really say if they work but along WITH the calorie deficit they seem to help keep me losing fat and gaining (yes, gaining) a bit of muscle. I've gained more muscle in the last year than I ever anticipated. I'm down to 15% body fat (might be less at the moment). When I run out of those supplements, I sometimes don't bother to re-order them for a month to see if it makes any difference. Some of them, like the L-Carnitine and the Forskolin, are expensive and I don't always buy them. As far as wraps.. nah. Stick with a good macro setup at a calorie deficit and you don't really need anything else. A multivitamin is good to use, but the rest only if you feel like experimenting. I won't, however, go without my pre-workout. I get up super early to exercise each day and it helps me get going.

If I had to choose, I'd say my Pre-Workout with BCAA's added and also more BCAA's during my workout help the most to keep me going and burn extra calories. Jury is out on the rest.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    None. I'm just tracking my food and trying to move more.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Supplementing with exercise works.
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    there all bs move more eat less works
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 350 Member
    Tracking my food carefully, weighing & measuring everything, worked for me. I exercise 7/9 hours weekly (cardio/kettlebells/bootcamp) for fitness. Supplements are a multivitamin with omega oils, combo glucosamine/chrondritin, calcium/D for health & D deficiency. I don't personally believe you need all those BCAA etc supplements to lose weight, unless your wallet is too heavy.